Interview with Daisy
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Daisy Marsh. I am a 39 year old wife and mom of 2 in WV and work in the financial industry.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I ate the worst version of the Standard American Diet up into my late 20’s. I was a severe sugar addict and basically lived off of junk food. Then I went to a healthier version of SAD after the birth of my 2 children. In my mid 30’s, I eliminated sugar, then went keto for a year, before turning to carnivore at the end of 2019.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I have struggled with multiple eating disorders and disordered eating. Keto helped with several health issues, but not those. I wanted to try carnivore to see if it would help and if it would help with weight loss that I wasn’t seeing on keto. I also have countless food intolerances and wanted to try the elimination aspect of a carnivore diet.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I am a self-experimenter. I have tried every version of the carnivore diet. I feel the best on strict beef and water, but struggle to maintain it, so my general approach is all the animal kingdom, egg yolks and very minimal dairy. I do try to take a nose to tail approach and enjoy trying all the carnivore foods! I bounce between higher fat and higher protein, still looking for my perfect fit.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Chronic stomach pain gone, chronic gas gone, chronic bloating gone, hypoglycemia gone, can fast for long hours, knee pain gone, varicose/spider veins gone, muscle increased, cellulite decreased, Raynaud’s phenomenon in remission, brain clarity increased, increased sense of smell, chronic canker sores gone, thicker nails and healthier hair, faster healing, better mental health (anxiety and depression), quality of sleep increased, perfect internal alarm clock, clear complexion, increased energy and focus at work, better immune system, less bug bites, sugar addiction easily managed, eating disorders easily managed, food freedom in close sight, Restless leg syndrome improved, improved body composition, perfect digestion, rarely get hiccups, dandruff gone. Just to name a few..
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
I went through the standard transition issues that do return randomly: digestion issues, cramps, decreased energy. I have continued to struggle with my weight, even though my body composition has improved.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I exercise very sporadically. I work long hours and have a lot of responsibilities. I do work movement in as often as I can, but it is very inconsistent. When I exercise, it’s generally calisthenics and walking. I love exercise, but struggle to find a balance.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Just eat meat. Take it at your own pace, if you can’t dive straight on or if you hit some potholes or wrong turns, just keep going! It’s so worth it and it’s not all or nothing. It’s a journey!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Not until doctors change their stance on cholesterol. People just can’t seem to get past it. That’s the biggest comment I get from family and friends.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
Carnivore can be life changing if you just give it a chance! You can find me on YouTube at Daisy’s Journey and on Instagram at daisyscarnivorejourney
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – my eBook and Paperback looking at why meat is good for you, why plants are bad, and how to exercise on zero carbs.
Low Content Books – Carnivore & Keto inspired Journals, Notebooks, Diaries, and Planners.
Clothing – wide range of Carnivore & Keto inspired apparel under the brand Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore