Interview with Dwayne
1) Introduce Yourself.
My Name is Dwayne Schofield, I live in Nova Scotia Canada. Growing up I was very active in the snowboard community, competing and coaching at the provincial and national levels. After leaving the sport and getting into the real world of working I was up and down with my fitness and weight. In Jan 2019 I hit my highest wait and had a number of health issues going on, I was turning 41 but by body was feeling much much older. It was then I knew things had to change.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore
I had tried a number of different things, I had tried vegetarian, did not enjoy it nor want to stay with it, I had success with the Keto diet but didn’t make it a lifestyle so would gain weight back. I have been able to stay very consistent with this WOE because I enjoy it so much and dont feel im missing out on anything, I now only crave the foods I eat.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
When I hit my highest weight and was feeling my worst I was searching, I was consuming at least 3 podcasts a day and watching youtube videos, mostly around Keto and low carb but I kept seeing things on carnivore and it was really peaking my interest, so I said why not.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
Shortly after going carnivore, cravings for anything but meat went away, I eat 2 times a day, lunch around 1pm and dinner at 6, and both meals are usually beef and usually prime rib. We do add in eggs, liver pate, sardines as well but at least 90% is beef. A few months we did a cruise and on the cruise I added in some more foods, sweets mostly as it was a vacation. I found once I added them back in it was hard to get them back out again. Took probably a week to 10 days for those cravings to leave again so I try to stay strictly just meat as that’s why I feel the best and I find the WOE to be very easy for our lifestyle.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
So many! I had really bad eczema all my life, right from birth, and for the first time in my life I have no trace of eczema on my body. I had chronic acid reflux, that is gone, I was on puffers regularly for my asthma, and I haven’t had to used them in a year now. I had several kidney stones prior to going carnivore, some even had to be surgically removed and I have not had any since. Mood is much improved, calmer and do not get agitated easily. Much higher tolerance to the sun, I can be in the sun all day without getting a sunburn. My eyes turned blue, that’s an interesting one!
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
There can be social times that are difficult, food is a staple at a social gathering, and a lot of time that is food we just don’t want to eat. I travel a lot for business and there are a lot of business dinner and im not always the one picking the restaurant, so it can be hard at times to get the amount of meat I require for a meal and meat that has not been cooked in any seed oils.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
Yes, I have a home gym, I work out 5 days a week for 25-30 min, much of it is body weight exercises, but I have added a weighted vest lately
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Its so worth trying and much easier than people think it will be, for sure they will make tweaks over time but in the beginning just eat meat, lots of it, eat to satiation and fast when your not hunger. Get lots of salt in 2-3 tsp a day in addition to what goes on your food is what we try to do.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
No, I think the money behind the plant based agenda is too big, processed food industry too big and big ag is too big and they will keep pushing for their agenda but more and more people are seeing the undeniable results real people are getting with this WOE and a change is happening.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
My wife and I have an instagram page where we share our story, tips, things we learn, products we like and use along our journey. @ourinfinitehealth
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore, and how to exercise on it.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories