Interview with Catalina
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Catalina Jaramillo. I was born in Colombia and moved to the U.S. in 2000. I am an artist and a momma!
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
For decades I followed the classic low-fat low-calorie diet. I was very familiar with restriction. I became vegetarian and then Keto in 2016.
I got incredibly sick in 2019 and decided to reintroduce meat after decades of not eating it. By August/September I became fully carnivore.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I got very sick. I was not absorbing any protein despite the fact that I was intaking 100-150 grams a day. I was anemic, malnourished, bloated, my thyroid was low. I was a mess.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I eat my first meal once I am quite hungry and then eat either 1 or 2 meals more depending on hunger. I don’t track anymore!
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Mental freedom and clarity. My cholesterol went down (despite the fact that I mostly eat beef and bacon). My thyroid improved, my skin is clear, I don;’t have disordered thoughts around food, I don’t restrict and don’t track. I also lost 15% of my weight effortlessly.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I exercise frequently and skip it when I don’t feel like it. Even this aspect has changed on this diet. I don’t feel the need to overexercise anymore.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Give yourself a chance. Eat when hungry and until full. Pray to realize the nuances and be patient
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Little by little! the more we debunk myths around it, the better
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
I’m @thecatalina. I also coordinated the #hypercarnivore2020 challenge and would love to have everyone visit. Much love!
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories