1) Introduce Yourself.
Hi. My name is Lauren. I’m a wife to an amazing husband for 12 years and we are pregnant with our 6th baby. I home-school our oldest two kids while the others watch or participate at will. Whichever they’d prefer. I started the carnivore diet on September 7, 2018, six weeks post-partum with our 5th baby. Also, I really like bacon.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I ate the typical standard American diet. I don’t love veggies and never really incorporated them into my diet. I ate a lot of bread, junk food, and meat.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
Both of my parents started eating the carnivore diet toward the end of my 5th pregnancy. When my mom came out to help after her birth, she really talked it up. I’ve always been interested in their style of eating (they came from paleo), but I really don’t like vegetables and that was always a problem. I needed to lose a lot of weight. I was unbelievably unhappy with myself in pictures. I also didn’t have any energy. That needed to seriously change. I have been pregnant or nursing for most of the last eight years and it’s really taken its toll on my body. I love my babies, but I needed to fix myself.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I eat a lot of meat, dairy (cheese and heavy whipping cream), and eggs. I do not do nose to tail. I have always been sensitive to texture and organ meats do not appeal to me. I also eat very little fish. I do use seasonings. I also don’t fast. It’s something I may incorporate in the future, but for the time being while I’m pregnant and nursing, I’ll eat when I’m hungry.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
My biggest changes are really apparent during pregnancy. All of my previous pregnancies I’ve suffered pretty horrible heartburn. I had never had it before I got pregnant with our oldest in 2011. I thought I was dying. My husband passed the tums. Another symptom that I no longer have is morning sickness. For my previous 5 pregnancies, I spent every day either throwing up or being really nauseous. There wasn’t relief after 12 weeks. I was sick for all 9 months. I have had minimal amounts of nausea this pregnancy and nothing that has caused me to actually get sick. I also have a lot more energy. Don’t get me wrong. I’m still growing a human so I am more tired than I was, but I’m actually able to get off the couch and be a functioning parent. I’ve also lost weight. At my heaviest (pregnant), I was 255. When I started the carnivore diet I was 224. That was actually slightly less than I weighed right before getting pregnant with number 5, but I was really sick right before and after she was born and dropped the baby weight really quickly. In July I weighed in at 163.4lb. Then we found out the happy news! I have gained around 15lb so far this pregnancy. I’m hoping to keep that number under 30lb. I’ve always gained more than 30. My first I gained more than 50. This diet is a complete game-changer. I also no longer (hopefully), have kidney stones. I have had horrible kidney stones and multiple lithotripsies on both kidneys. Time will tell on that one as my last lithotripsy (June 2017) showed a ton of kidney stones growing on my kidney walls. I’m hoping they are no longer there.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
People look at me like I’m crazy. Ha. There really aren’t any.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I do not. I spent 8 years housing and feeding other children and wanted to give my body time to rest. I did some running this spring, but it wasn’t something that I was able to keep up with at the time. I’m hoping once I get situated after this baby is born and my body is healed to add exercise in. I enjoy Zumba and running, but I know I’ll need to be adding in a lot of bodyweight exercises as well.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Just do it. It seems harder than it is. That first month is the worst. Once you get beyond the cravings, there really is quite a lot of variety in what you can eat if you choose to. When you have a craving, shove meat into your mouth. Bacon works wonders.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Not a chance.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
You can do anything if you set your mind to it. I’d love to hear from you on IG at carni_mama.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Leave a Reply