Interview with Jessica
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hi, my Name is Jessica. I’m a 28 years old Brazilian but live in Germany for almost a decade now.
Looking for a good diet was always a part of my life due to been overweight, but specially after I found out that I had Hashimoto when I was 10 years old. My whole life was based on my appearance and how people see me, which is a very important and common thing in Brazil. In the desperation to lose weight I took my first medicine for weight loss when I was just 12. It helped a lot combined with a low carb diet, but of course it didn’t last. Over the years I’ve tried many diets, but it didn’t matter what I did or how I looked… Even the times that I was looking good I felt depressed.
Then I moved to Germany. Here things are very different and people care much less about looks than in Brazil. I married a guy who cares very much about health and my focus changed from looks to health.
After some years my husband and I decided to try to go vegan. After watching many documentaries and interviews with vegans I thought it could be good to my autoimmune disease.
I let myself be brainwashed by all the vegan documentaries of that time (April 2017) and decided I would go fully vegan.
At the beginning I felt good from the cleansing process. But of course it didn’t last long. After a few months following a whole food plant based diet I started to have digestion problems, tooth pain, difficulty to recover from my training, weight gain (I went from EU size 42 to 48/50), brain fog, depression increased, started having obsessive compulsive disorder, my sleep got horrible and even my face started to change. I didn’t even take pictures of myself that time because I didn’t recognized the woman in the mirror.
After more than a year vegan I decided that I had to stop that.
Then I started eating animal foods again. I felt considerably better but still not 100%.
After a few months I found the carnivore diet from Sv3rige’s channel, which changed my life.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Just before carnivore I ate a mostly plant diet with about 30% animal foods. I didn’t eat junk food as a normal person does nowadays. My diet would be considered healthy by most doctors.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
Even after feeling better than when I was vegan, I still didn’t feel awesome. I was still very depressed. Watching Mikhaila Peterson’s interview made me think that maybe my depression was also caused by my diet, which turned out to be the truth.
Besides that I also wanted to fit in my old clothes again, which still didn’t happen, but is on its way.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
A diet which will help people to find out what causes their sicknesses, allergies, what foods make them inflamed.
Of course sometimes I eat foods that are not carnivore. I am a human and I can’t be perfect all the time.
To me I found out that sugar and refined flour cause me less problem then vegetables, fruits and nuts or plant oils. The carnivore diet is an amazing elimination diet.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
For starters no depression. My mental illnesses were gone from my life after ONE WEEK carnivore. This was incredible. I finally could sleep well, after so long. All the inflammation in my body got better too. In my picture after veganism you can see how inflamed my face was. Even my eyelids were looking puffy.
After the carnivore diet I had no digestion problems (when I was a vegan I could see in the toilet exactly what I ate), no tooth pain, it got easier to do my training, I could spend a long time with no food without feeling hungry, I stopped being so thirsty as I ate a lot of rare and raw meat.
The most important is that I was happy.
Weight loss came after all those other things. I don’t know… Maybe my Hashimoto slow down this process. Currently I’m dressing EU size 44/46.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The body gets very sensitive to everything else. If I eat vegetables or anything with fiber nowadays I feel like my intestine is dying. Also depression and bad mood come back.
What can also be difficult is that people react very bad when they find out you don’t eat vegetables and fruits. But I got over it. I prefer to take my body’s reaction over opinions of other people.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
Yes, I train Tae Bo and strength. I do it entirely because I find Tae Bo fun and like how muscles look but I don’t think exercise is a good thing. Humans are naturally lazy, that’s why most people hate to go to the gym. I would never force myself to do some sport just for doing it. If the training doesn’t bring me fun I consider it unhealthy.
The carnivore diet is amazing for the recovery. And because it’s a zero carb diet it makes the exercise itself easier.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Just do it and see for yourself. Give a 3 weeks try and see how you feel. When I started my plan was to try for 2 weeks. 2 weeks are becoming 9 months because I never want to feel how I felt before again.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I don’t think so. People have been too brainwashed that vegetables and fruits are healthy or are too addicted to sugar to give it a try.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
You can find me on my IG @jessica.arndt
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”