Interview with Dani
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Dani Overstreet, I’m a 39-year-old wife and mother of 2 from North Texas. I am also a Type 1 Diabetic, diagnosed in adulthood.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
My breaking point of knowing I needed to do something was being about 6 months post-partum with my firstborn. Prior to becoming Carnivore in June 2019, I followed Keto and prior to that low carb / Paleo. With tons of cheats, I might add! Most of my 20s was spent following different popular diets and even WW.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I really enjoyed Keto, and as a diabetic, it was awesome to have no sugar options! However, I still felt bad, would still have highs and lows, and was just bloated and I felt I could no longer blame that on pregnancy. I had a generous maternity leave in which I was able to further research low carb and Type 1 and found many resources that led me to the Carnivore resources. Once I eliminated flours, sweeteners & vegetables, I felt amazing – thinking I was crazy, tried to add them back in and felt awful, so here we are!
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
After 30 days of just beef and water, I added back in eggs and felt fine and did the same with moderate dairy. My day normally consists of beef, with occasional pork or chicken, eggs, butter, and a treat now and then of heavy cream (with coffee, which my body tolerates). I also naturally fast with ease and often only eat once a day.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
My glucose runs steadily between 73-95, most days cruising in the 80s and rarely have extreme lows or readings above 100. My A1C is currently 4.9 I’ve lost all but 10 pounds of my pregnancy(s) weight. Starting at 241 at the delivery of my daughter in February 2019 and currently weight 148 as of December 13th. I also work a relatively stressful job and I’ve noticed since I’ve started this journey, my anxiety and stress are much better controlled.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Family & Friend Gatherings as well as dining out / business travel – I’ve had to get more vocal on substitutions and ensuring there are no added surprises to meat/meals. Some seasonings or even small accidental bites vegetables tear my stomach up. It also normally gives me a headache. Overall, these are minor things and I’m working through them!
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I love working out since adapting to carnivore – I walk 30 min normally twice a day. I do a kettlebell routine twice a week, HIIT 2-3 times a week. It’s amazing the strength, endurance, and how muscle tone shows through.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Try it. Keep it simple (which is one big perk by the way!!) give it 30 days and if it doesn’t work for you, that’s ok– but it will give them hopefully insight that no processed food / no sugar is an amazing feeling.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I think honestly, it’s already a mainstream diet and has been for years, people just haven’t talked about it. No “extreme” diet will ever be accepted, but as far as this one, I hope it at least becomes more socialized and offered as a solution to ailments.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
Life is about respecting yourself and respecting others – the great thing is we’re allowed to make choices. This is the choice I’ve made for my health and it’s the best I’ve felt in years. For those interested in my journey and sometimes shenanigans, I’m @dani_diabadass on IG.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories