I love doing the Carnivore Diet Success Stories, I find it very rewarding to share peoples progress. So I am going to try to catch up with people once a year to see how they are getting on.
Will they all still be Carnivore, probably not. However, I believe they will have an appreciation of the benefits of a meat-heavy diet and will use that knowledge as a tool to further their health.
1) How would you currently describe your current way of eating.
I am pretty strict with my diet as far as keeping it animal based, minus the decaf coffee and wine once or twice a month. I gave up dairy when I started carnivore over a year ago since it really didn’t seem to be serving me well. I eat mainly beef – steak, ground beef, and organs. I eat eggs almost every day. I drink at least one cup of homemade bone broth every day as well because I believe it will help my skin and hair look and feel it’s best and because it is so good for the immune system. And lastly, I eat pork, chicken wings, and some seafood on occasion. I do not find these last few very satisfying but they are fun to throw in for variety and as a different selection of nutrients.
To increase the fat to protein ratio, I eat mainly raw bone marrow and raw beef fat trimmings. Eating it raw seems to work well for my digestion than rendered (or liquid) fats.
2) What have you learned regarding nutrition over the last year.
Organ meat has been a great addition to my diet over the past year, I have learned so much from people like Dr Paul Saladino on the nutrients in liver and other organs and I have really started to enjoy eating them – who knew!? I eat raw, frozen liver every day.
I have also experimented with some PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) as a way to lean out. It worked well in the very short term but I found that the low fats really affected my focus, my mood, and my energy. I much prefer eating a higher ratio of fat and avoiding all lean cuts of meat.
3) What health & Fitness improvements, and/or setbacks have you experienced in the last year.
I am 42 and feel so freaking good in the gm lately. I haven’t been lifting super heavy weights but I train with good intensity and I train the same body parts multiple times a week to give them as much stimulus as possible without getting injured or a bad case of DOMS. I have women asking all the time for training ideas and making the videos for Instagram is a great way to share. I also get to highlight how I look and perform as a Carnivore athlete who doesn’t use carbs, who doesn’t do cardio, who doesn’t make excuses, who isn’t afraid to be in the weight room, and who is bettering myself every day.
4) What are your health and fitness goals in the year ahead.
I just want to continue learning new things, training hard and adapting as needed. As I probably mentioned in my first post with you, I managed to heal my bulimia through carnivore, I have to say that that is one of the biggest reasons I don’t want to give up this lifestyle. I have so much freedom with food now. I am no longer afraid to eat, or overeat, and even if I do, the guilt just isn’t there.
5) Anything else to add? and where can people follow your journey?
I still believe that there is a version of the keto/carnivore diet out there for everyone. I believe it is very unique to each individual and that care and attention should be made to find what works for you, your lifestyle, and your activity level.
You can connect with me on Facebook and Instagram at :
Original Carnivore Diet Success Story is HERE
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Categories: Meat Up Year One