I love doing the Carnivore Diet Success Stories, I find it very rewarding to share peoples progress. So I am going to try to catch up with people once a year to see how they are getting on.
Will they all still be Carnivore, probably not. However, I believe they will have an appreciation of the benefits of a meat-heavy diet and will use that knowledge as a tool to further their health.
1) How would you currently describe your current way of eating.
Since my original interview one year ago, I have been carnivore most of the time.
2) What have you learned regarding nutrition over the last year.
Food is more than objective optimal nutrition. The most difficult part of sticking to a zero carb carnivore diet is overcoming acculturation. I have used carbohydrates for my whole life to celebrate, reminisce, connect, and handle physical and emotional pain or discomfort. Switching my diet to something so drastically different has been extremely difficult for me. I have created long lists of scenarios that have come up and how I can cope with them without using carbohydrates. Still, sometimes situations I have not anticipated arise, and I find myself running back to my old comforts. In the past year I have been forced to face a lot of uncomfortable emotions and situations from which I had been using food to numb and distract.
3) What health & Fitness improvements, and/or setbacks have you experienced in the last year.
I have been so healthy! Carnivore is excellent for my formerly delicate immune system. Setbacks only arise when I deviate from the diet for reasons listed above.
4) What are your health and fitness goals in the year ahead.
My goal is to stick with zero carb carnivore through any situation. I want to break my dependence on carbohydrates once and for all!
5) Anything else to add? and where can people follow your journey?
If you don’t already have one- buy an air fryer! It is a total game changer for containing the mess of cooking fatty meat and for reheating leftovers.
I am on Instagram @woodlandcara , but I haven’t posted anything. It’s been a crazy year!
Here is Cara’s Carnivore Diet success story from a year ago – Original Post
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore