Interview with Lukasz
1) Introduce Yourself.
I’m Lukasz, 36 years old, living in Warsaw in Poland.
From childhood I was so into the sports and shaping my body. I am fascinated by how our body can heal itself and how we need nature like our ancestors.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore?
Well, when I was at secondary school, around 17 years old I started to work out at home and gym and started to pay attention to what I eat. So my first nutritionist knowledge I got from magazines like FLEX or Muscles and Fitness. So…because of that advice I started to avoid saturated fast and eat a lot of carbs (oats, rice, whole grain bread) and chicken breast. This time of overeating and not being comfortable with food developed bad relationships to food and moreover some problems with my insulin sensitivity. After a huge breakfast of oats I was not able to stop falling asleep during my lessons then I started to drink coffee. During the last 17 years, I tried many diets and ways of eating: high carbs, vegan, 10-day water fasting (two times – those times I had no idea that during those days my body ran on ketones). Around 2014 I found first time some information about paleo (Robb Wolf, Mark Sisson etc) I was so fascinated about the fact that such delicious food like eggs and meat where allowed, which I liked so much, weren’t so unhealthy as I thought before lol. And this is how I started my journey with a low-carb approach. After few years of testing healthy/paleo approach but not being satisfied 100% (I had energy drops during the day- probably my body had not enough carbs to create energy but still too many carbs to start producing ketones) I found on YT the film of Jason Wittrock:
It was in April 2018, just after Easter Holiday (I was full of sugar after celebrating the Easter). I was truly fascinated and I decided to try and put my body in a state of ketosis. It tooked to my body around 5 days to completely use the glycogen stored in my muscles and start using ketones – I will never forget how different and better I felt – the most important thing, my energy drops disappeared, my energy level was constant, I started waking up early even without the ring and naturally feel sleepy around 22.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with?
After following Shawn Baker, Paul Saladino, The primal edge health and reading Steven Gundry book I started to realize that maybe we do not need so much the plants and the whole issue about the importance of veggies is just propaganda.
I decided to give the carnivore a try.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet?
The animal product from best and local sources, eat beef, eggs, seafood, liver, occasionally chicken – generally, the nose2tail eating seems to be the most accurate and in line with the ancestors’ approach
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet?
Finally, I was able to get shredded and improve my guts (I am still working on healing it)
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet?
My digestion system at the beginning was a bit shocked (no fiber)
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
yes: gym, swimming, running
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet?
keep trying even if you had some cheat meals (not enough strong will power), even if something kicked you out of ketosis, even if you feel energy deficiency, it will pass away – enjoy the process.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet?
nope – it is too radical and completely opposite to mainstream which is promoting plant-based food which is in line with what is now produced in the world (GMO, cheap large soybean, corn)
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore