Interview with Jannes
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hey Steven, my name is Jannes Vercaemst. I’m a 26 year old professional kickboxer that just got a double hip resurfacing. I’ve always been into health and fitness, searching for ways to thrive and feel my best self. My passion for health was a motivation to start a healthcoaching practise so i could coach other people and also have an income next to my boxing.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
A diet that a lot of people would consider as ‘healthy’. Lots of veggies, some fish/meats, rice/patatoes/oatmeal etc etc…
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
The double hip surgery made me re-think my diet, i had been listening to and researching a lot of podcasts claiming its (carnivore) health benefits. I got very convinced about its possible benefits and i entrusted my recovery to the diet.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I have a ‘nose to tail’ approach to the diet. eating lots of fatty meats, organs, bone marrow, fatty fish, eggs, etc etc… Paul SaladinoMD is a big proponent of this approach. Covering all vitamin and nutrient requirements (or so it should).
I try to find as much ‘grass fed’ & ‘healthy’ animals as possible for an optimal nutrient profile of the meat.
I also fast until after my first workout around 13:00.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
A couple of benefits:
– Less anxious/stress
– subjectively deeper sleep, and waking up wel rested with less sleep
– SUPER satiated, like never before.
– great focus (having long conversations w people, staying interested, very clear mind….)
– constant energy level (probably a classic answer)
– less ‘puffy-eyes’
– clear skin, less eczema
And most importantly, i recovered from my surgery like Wolverine 🙂
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Mainly socially: hard to go out and eat w the lady or w friends, having to explain ‘wtf’ you’re doing to everyone.
Also i do get a lot of joy from ‘world kitchen’ (japanese, libanese, italian food…). i miss it when i’m very strict but now i enjoy an occasional ‘cheat meal’ because i like it and because its usually part of my social life 🙂
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
Well, its been 4 months now since Carnivore and since surgery. I’m increasing the amount and intensity of my workouts only since a couple of weeks. It’s still a lot of trial and error. i Love the constant energy during endurance workouts and life and would not want it any other way, i really would’nt. But it feels as if i’m missing a ‘gear’ when im doing high intensity workouts (like boxing). might be me still having to get back in shape. Lets see in a couple of weeks 🙂
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
School yourself, read about and listen to professional on the subject and when you’re convinced and feeling motivated, go all the way. Do it right. Its a big stress to change you’re diet like most people do going on Carnivore. You might go trough an adaptation phase, as you would on a keto diet. But it’s so worth it.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
tough question, there is so much money in health & nutrition that i fear big pharma control most of this. I hope it does and that we find the most sustainable way to scale this.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
People can follow my kickboxing/recovery journey on instagram: ‘Jannes Vercaemst’.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories