Interview with Angela
1) Introduce Yourself.
I am Angela, 27-year-old, from Switzerland. I was diagnosed with coeliac disease, IBS, chronic migraines.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I lived a pretty healthy and active life. I grew up as a daughter in a farmers family and was outdoor all the time with my brothers, doing sports, helping our parents or doing other fun things.
In my teens, I suffered from bulimia due to some comments from some people in my class at school about my body. It has to be said compared to my female schoolmates I looked a lot more like a woman than a girl/ kid because I started puberty pretty early. However, one day it just clicked that what I was doing was harmful, so I stopped and making myself sick is not something that I do anymore. As life moved on, my digestive issues started and after being diagnosed with coeliac disease. So I started to eat a grain and gluten-free diet with no lactose because they also diagnosed a secondary intolerance of lactose, but this has improved and mostly disappeared until now. Unfortunately, my digestive issues became worse, after following the diet my health still declined. I tried many diets over the years after that, numerous supplements and more than 2 years of being nourished through tubes. I then read about ketogenic diet and how it could improve digestive issues, migraines, and overall health. After a lot of research, I consulted with my doctor, and I tried it. I have to be really careful with what I try, because of my coeliac disease.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
After starting keto I noticed many benefits, unfortunately not gain weight like I hoped. My digestive issues still didn’t go away and I did a lot of experimenting. I noticed that my issues become worse after eating veggies. I noticed this because I would eat a lot more veggies at night, and this was well my digestive issues was the worst. So I researched into it because I thought fruit and vegetables were important. I told my doctor what I thought was happening. After doing some tests, he was supportive of me trying to cut fruit and veg for a while. Not only did I think Carnivore may help my extreme case, it just seemed logical in general.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I would say I am 99% animal-based foods. Mainly all kinds of red meats followed by seafood/fish, eggs fresh from the farm and also some dairy like butter, raw milk, heavy cream or cottage cheese (no aged or other cheese). Of course, I consume a lot of added fats since meat is really lean here in Switzerland. My doctor has recommended Calogen and Fresubin shots, however, these are not covered by my insurance.
The other 1% comes from a cup of cold brew or reishi coffee, morning tea, some MCT oil, MCT powder (to fatten up my liquids and made my caloric intake higher), and every once in a while a piece of dark choc 99% or diet soda as a treat.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
I look much more muscular and feel more energized since switching from keto. I am able to eat higher amounts of food and calories. I am pretty sick and suffer malnourishment because of malabsorption and many digestive issues as I explained before. I am still far away from becoming better and need to gain a lot of weight, what unfortunately hasn’t happened yet. Although I do have less pain, less cramping, diarrhea, better sleep. I believe this diet is the best one I have found so far and has had the most benefits. This is important, and my medical insurance is limited and I need to gain at least 20kg to be a healthy weight.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Despite the benefits, I have not put the weight on I need too.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I have always enjoyed sports, however, I stopped doing these due to my health issues. I am also so desperate to gain weight, that I do not want to increase my calorific needs further. Somedays I find it difficult to walk or stand for more than 1 minute, so exercise is out of the question.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Just start and try it. Don’t overcomplicate things or wait until you have eaten all the rubbish you have left in the cupboards – just start. There is no perfect time to start, but you can ease yourself into it if you think that is for the best. Just be aware that your body will need to adapt and transition. If you are struggling, stick with it and things will improve. Just give it time.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Maybe sometime in the future but not yet. If people just started off by reducing sugars or carbs, that would be a start. I think the industry is starting to recognize this. Or even just start by stop demonizing red meat and fat. However the food industry has a strong plant-based bias, and they spend a lot of money on advertising, marketing and research. So there is a lot to get past.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
You find me on Instagram @vihreae.
I am enjoying the Carnivore Diet, and I hope long term it will bring the help I need. However, in the short term, I am anxious to improve my health as quickly as possible. If there is someone that thinks they can help, or provide a plan to do this. I am happy to chat.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Leave a Reply