Meat Up with Dan
1) How would you currently describe your current way of eating.
I am still eating a mostly carnivore diet. Ruminant meat (probably over 90% beef), water and salt. I have started introducing a few foods very slowly. Pickled onions, a few herbs, and mushrooms so far haven’t caused much of a reaction that I have noticed.
2) What have you learned regarding nutrition over the last year.
I think the biggest thing I have learned, or which I have come to believe, is that meat is the most species appropriate food for humans. I think this is due to our digestive systems having stomachs with strong stomach acid that is hostile to microbes that break down and extract nutrition from plants. I have also learned that most of the accepted mainstream nutritional advice is completely useless and seems to be driven more by religious beliefs, subsidies and corporate profits margins than evidence-based research.
3) What health & Fitness improvements, and/or setbacks have you experienced in the last year.
I have had a few minor flare ups when trying to introduce a few things. At which point I must scale back and go back to a more basic beef diet. I have also had some persisting joint issues that somewhat inhibits my ability to exercise but it has been getting progressively better.
4) What are your health and fitness goals in the year ahead.
I would like to get into gymnastics. Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle all recommended a well-rounded, full education comprising both music and gymnastics. I already have a strong music practice but feel like I should balance it out with a gymnastics practice since I already enjoy bodyweight exercises and would like to develop strength among every muscle group to increase strength and flexibility.
5) Anything else to add? and where can people follow your journey?
You can follow me on instagram @itchy.dan twitter @itchy_dan and on YouTube https://youtube.com/channel/UCpNLVgboDzHOc_1PJ0vk6-g
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – my eBook and Paperback looking at why meat is good for you, why plants are bad, and how to exercise on zero carbs.
Low Content Books – Carnivore & Keto inspired Journals, Notebooks, Diaries, and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
Leave a Reply