Interview with Nathan
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Nathan Marks. I work as a registered nurse in the ED and have been a fitness/health enthusiast for many years now!
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Up until three years ago, I ate the standard American diet. This included no limitation to carbs, no macro tracking, and zero self control. I was truly struggling with my health at this time. To put this simply—I was dealing with severe neurological problems that no doctor could understand. It was debilitating to the point that I had to put school on pause. After having been to the Mayo Clinic and receiving zero answers to all of my problems, I decided to visit The Center for Functional Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. After discovering that mold illness was the cause of all of my neurological problems, my doctor placed me on the ketogenic diet. With time, this diet nearly completely eradicated my mold illness. I transitioned to the carnivore diet in March of 2019 in order to reap further benefits of the ketogenic lifestyle.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
My health greatly improved after transitioning from the standard American diet to keto; however, I still craved more improvement. I was still dealing with bloating, excess weight, energy fluctuations, and acne. In addition, I was caught in the dogma of protein restriction in order to preserve ketone production… this affected my weight lifting performance at the time, little did I realize. After hearing Dr. Saladino speak on Ben Greenfield’s podcast about the benefits of removing plants from the diet, I decided to give this all a try!
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I try to make this way of eating as simple as possible. I primarily eat red meat, and I do not have a set time frame for eating as of now. I also do not eat organ meat. In general, I am eating two meals per day. On average, I fast for 24 hours two times per week. I simply listen to my body in knowing how much to eat and when to eat!
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
The benefits of this way of eating have been incredible, to say the least. To keep this simple, I will list the benefits of transitioning from traditional keto to the carnivore diet:
- Consistent energy throughout day
- Much leaner body mass
- Perfect digestion (zero bloating)
- Better sleep
- Huge improvement to weight lifting performance
- Clear skin
- Mental clarity
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
None. Just know the first few weeks of starting this WOE you may have diarrhoea.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I exercise five days per week. I primarily focus on weight lifting. My strength has only increased with this WOE.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Make this diet as simple as it should be! Learn to listen to your body! If you are coming from a non-ketogenic diet, just be prepared for the first week or so being slightly difficult. The initial adaptation from carbohydrates to fat can be difficult. Know that all of this is worth it, though!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I think the carnivore diet will be what the traditional keto diet is now in a few more years. Benefits of ketogenic living only continue to increase when the switch is made to carnivore!
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
I’m @thecarnivorenurse on Instagram, and this is the primary platform I use. I hope my testimony can help someone else out there!
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – my eBook and Paperback looking at why meat is good for you, why plants are bad, and how to exercise on zero carbs.
Low Content Books – Carnivore & Keto inspired Journals, Notebooks, Diaries, and Planners.
Clothing – wide range of Carnivore & Keto inspired apparel under the brand Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories