I love doing the Carnivore Diet Success Stories, I find it very rewarding to share peoples progress. So I am going to try to catch up with people once a year to see how they are getting on.
Will they all still be Carnivore, probably not. However, I believe they will have an appreciation of the benefits of a meat-heavy diet and will use that knowledge as a tool to further their health.
Interview with Heather
1) How would you currently describe your current way of eating.
I try to stick to carnivore the majority of the time, although I relax the rules when I want to.
During the working week, I mainly eat bacon, eggs, gluten-free sausages, steak, home-made burgers, cheese, and chicken. If I’m at home on a weekend, I’ll cook brisket or a leg of lamb.
For vacations, special occasions and social events, I’ll eat whatever I fancy.
2) What have you learned regarding nutrition over the last year.
I’ve learned that I can have the occasional cheat meal without any ill effects, but if it goes on for longer than a few days then my well-being starts to decline. My diet has gone completely off-track over the Christmas period, which has resulted in lower energy levels and the return of my sinus issues.
I’ve also learned that, for me, drinking alcohol is incompatible with this way of eating, so I have completely given that up.
3) What health & Fitness improvements, and/or setbacks have you experienced in the last year.
I have definitely found it easier to make strength gains this year, without actually putting much effort into it. I started pole fitness classes earlier in the year, as a fun alternative to the gym, and my strength improved pretty quickly.
I have had a couple of running injuries this year, so I am now paying more attention to my running form. I was happy to complete my goal of running the Great North Run again.
A major benefit of this way of eating is that I never have to worry about weight gain! I have maintained my preferred weight all year.
4) What are your health and fitness goals in the year ahead.
My goal for 2020 is to finally complete a marathon. I have registered for the Loch Ness Marathon in October.
5) Anything else to add? and where can people follow your journey?
I’m on Instagram – www.instagram.com/heather.and.the.hounds
Heather’s original Carnivore Diet success story is here.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Categories: Meat Up Year One