Interview with Kristel
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Kristel, I was born and raised in The Netherlands. I have always been into self development and ways to enhance my lifestyle. I love being active and creative. On my YouTube channel “Kasumikriss” I share most of the experiences I have in life. Currently sharing the switch I made from a vegan lifestyle to a carnivorous lifestyle.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I was a vegan for 4 years before I went carnivore. I tried many vegan diets, and made sure to stay away from processed foods. Prior to my vegan diet I was also aware of staying away from the junk foods yet I had it more often.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
After being vegan for 4 years my health declined drastically. I was so desperate. I didn’t want to stop being vegan, because I thought it was the best thing to do. You could call me brainwashed! The doctor wasn’t helpful and I had no clue who to ask for help. I had tried so many things already.
In a popular podcast I heard the carnivore diet being mentioned. Then I started to read and hear more about it. At the same time I learned more about the negative effects of a vegan diet which I never looked into previously. Everything started to click and I found myself eating an egg and some grass fed butter one day. I couldn’t believe how good it made me feel! Slowly I kept taking out the plant foods and adding in meat, fish, dairy and eggs. I noticed many mental and physical health problems disappear. I decided to go fully carnivore.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I eat foods only from the animal kingdom. I have noticed if I center my diet around beef, I feel the best. I also make an effort to eat most of it raw. I only consume raw dairy for example.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Reduction in anxiety, depression, sadness. Increase of motivation, energy and happiness. My hair grows again and doesn’t get damaged so quick. My hair and skin are moisturized again. As a vegan my hair was dry and brittle, just like my skin. I always struggled with acne, but that cleared up a lot. My joint pains reduced, my nails grow stronger and are harder, I have more color in my face, I can think better and clearer. I have no more bloating, pains and cramps. My digestive system works better. There are so many benefits I experienced. I was really lacking nutrients out of the animal kingdom.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
In the beginning I had a period of feeling fatigue, but that disappeared and after it I felt a lot better. When I tweak the diet in the way that suits me I have no negatives. For example reducing dairy makes me more energetic.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I do exercise. I go to the gym and work with my bodyweight and light weights. There is a huge difference in my body composition now compared to myself as a vegan. When I was a vegan I would train so hard with heavy weights and would make no progress. Now I train with lighter weights for a shorter amount of time, but my results are great! I lost fat and gained more muscle.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
You won’t ever know what it is like or how it feels if you don’t try. You have to experience something in order to know what works for you. Then you can be your own judge. Even if you think you are doing well and feeling fine. There is a possibility that you can even feel better!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Not in the near future, because there is so much plant propaganda being spread in the mainstream.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
I am so happy to be eating tasty food again and to feel so much better than I did before. It gave me a lot of confidence. I share my journey on my YouTube channel Kasumikriss: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4_eaWIdkiW37Fg4Moi9Ag?
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”