Meat Up with Rachel
Carnivore diet success story – https://ketogenicendurance.com/2018/12/12/carnivore-diet-success-stories-with-rachel/
1) How would you currently describe your current way of eating.
I am still doing pretty close to 100% carnivore. I have the odd avocado or pickle or square of dark chocolate, but I really don’t crave any other plants so I just avoid them. I seem to feel my best on beef and eggs. I rarely eat chicken, and the only pork I consume now is bacon. I use butter and beef fat as my main sources for fat, however butter is the only dairy I eat – unless I am treating myself to something. And I love Redmond’s salt on everything!
2) What have you learned regarding nutrition over the last year.
This past year, I have figured out that I don’t do well with pork. I just don’t feel optimal when I eat it. I have learned that eggs make a good cream substitute if you blend them into coffee! I also stopped doing IF in the mornings and switched it to eating early and fasting in the afternoon and overnight. I feel really good eating this way and I still feel like I’m getting the same benefits, if not more.
I was diagnosed with LADA (type 1.5 diabetes) in January 2020 and it has made my commitment to this WOE even stronger. My sugars are very well balanced with a meat heavy diet and regular exercise.
3) What health & Fitness improvements, and/or setbacks have you experienced in the last year.
Like everyone, covid took away the gym… I learned quickly to adapt to home workouts and even started posting videos to help motivate others to stay active during this stressful time. I actually feel like I have put on some muscle this year, not a lot but my body has made some nice changes.
4) What are your health and fitness goals in the year ahead.
I just want to stay consistent with training as I don’t see myself heading back to the gym if masks are required.
5) Anything else to add? and where can people follow your journey?
Facebook: Rachel C. – Keto Fit
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
Categories: Meat Up Year Two