Meat Up: 1 year later – with Jessica

It is a year since Jessica did her Carnivore Diet success story for me, so it is about time we caught up with her to see how she is doing.

Her original success story is here


Interview with Jessica

1) How would you currently describe your current way of eating. 

Currently, I’m struggling to maintain a carnivore, or even keto friendly diet. I’m in a huge crossroads on multiple levels of my personal life, so I’m feeling a little defeated in terms of diet. I would say I’m about 75% carnivore still, and the other 25% is junk. I’m working on slowly getting back to a carnivore WOE because I believe it is the best thing for me, but also giving myself a little room to be a human. 

2) What have you learned regarding nutrition over the last year.

I have learned SO much. This WOE has opened my eyes specifically to the backwards guidelines our government has set for us, and how those guidelines are making people sicker and therefore heavily reliant on our horrible healthcare system. I’ve also learned more about caffeine and carbohydrate consumption in general. I just want to continue learning. 

3) What health & Fitness improvements, and/or setbacks have you experienced in the last year. 

Improvements would have to include a stronger, healthier physique. I’ve been able to push myself in weightlifting more than I ever thought I could. Back pain is still completely gone (lower lumbar sprained 4 years ago, never healed until carnivore) and I feel like I’m physically stronger than I’ve ever been. 

Setbacks would be my sugar addiction and my inability to get that under control. I also dropped a 25lb weight plate on my foot a few weeks ago, so I haven’t been able to train like I’d like. I’m still not sure how much longer until it’s healed. 

4) What are your health and fitness goals in the year ahead.

I’d like to be able to really deal with the addiction to sugar and finally become the full-carnivore I know I need to be. I feel best when I’m eating animal-based products only, and I feel like my body is suffering tremendously. Fitness-wise, I wouldn’t mind seeing some abs pop up, and my goal next year would be to be able to do a pull up. I can’t even do one, and I’ve always wanted to be able to. 

5) Anything else to add? and where can people follow your journey?

I truly appreciate this community and the wealth of knowledge they have to offer. I’ve learned and grown so much! I’m currently working on putting together a YouTube series about carnivore and how to order at restaurants while still maintaining this WOE. I was also a guest on @offthematspodcast (BJJ podcast) recently (out on Spotify sometime in October) talking about my experience and a few tidbits of what I’ve learned since finding this lifestyle. I’m super excited to have been able to share a little, and I hope I can learn more in the future about how this diet affects performance in fitness. My Instagram is @jesseniowski for anybody who wants to follow along on my journey to becoming a carnivore athlete. 


Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.

If you like what I am about, check out the below.


Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – my eBook and Paperback looking at why meat is good for you, why plants are bad, and how to exercise on zero carbs.

Low Content Books – Carnivore & Keto inspired Journals, Notebooks, Diaries, and Planners.








Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: