Interview with Caroline
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Caroline Mellone and I am currently a stay at home mom and aspiring yoga teacher.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Before carnivore, I was living a Ketogenic lifestyle, for three years! I did great with Keto, in the beginning but towards the end…I struggled with binge eating disorder and was rapidly gaining weight again.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I started carnivore after joining some carnivore women Facebook groups and hearing about how the diet could help with a myriad of things…from chronic pain, endometriosis, PCOS, anxiety, and lots of things in between.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I decided that the best way to avoid any adverse effects of the transition would be to do a three day bone broth fast. I made some homemade bone broth and slid right into the carnivore lifestyle!
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Within just a couple of weeks I started noticing that I was sleeping through the night, where I used to toss and turn for hours on end. My first cycle was night and day difference from the debilitating pain that I had before, my skin issues cleared up and I became less anxious and way more even keeled. I feel like a brand new person!
I was also able to lose and maintain a loss of 15 lbs, and for me with PCOS that is a HUGE accomplishment! It’s so easy for me to gain weight but much harder to lose it!
I have found boundless energy and finally freedom from binge eating!
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
I haven’t experienced anything negative as a result of the carnivore diet. Aside from the looks of horror on people’s faces when someone tells them that I only eat meat and eggs!
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
When I first started out, I wasn’t exercising at all but after a couple months I started doing yoga and since then I’ve been able to build on that, and I now have a daily yoga practice as well as participating in more vigorous Beachbody workouts, daily!
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Do your research and join an online community. It really helps to have people to talk to who live the same kind of lifestyle and can offer you advice and support. Start right where you are and give yourself some grace! It won’t always be easy but it’s worth it!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I really hope that it will and I think that eventually we will get there. The more that people share their wellness successes; I believe that it will be more widely accepted.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
I’ve only been at this six months but I have never felt better and I’ll never go back! You can find me on Instagram @Carolineisfine_ feel free to reach out to me, if you have any questions or would like some support on your journey! I will be your biggest cheerleader!
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – my eBook and Paperback looking at why meat is good for you, why plants are bad, and how to exercise on zero carbs.
Low Content Books – Carnivore & Keto inspired Journals, Notebooks, Diaries, and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”