Interview with Megan
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hi! My name is Megan, I’m an Aerospace Engineering student from the UK, currently living in the Netherlands. I’ve struggled with weight my whole life and have been trying to lose weight since I can remember. The past couple of years, this has transformed into an effort to get healthy, not just lighter, as I’ve learned so much more about gut health, hormones, and nutrition.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I come from a family that loves to cook. We lived to eat, not ate to live. I started Keto Summer 2018 after spending the year in the US and eating everything! Around the same time, I found out I was celiac so already had to cut out gluten anyway. I was losing weight on keto but seemed to be stalling and also had other issues like eczema that weren’t getting better.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I’d heard a lot about carnivore healing gut issues. I have celiac disease and years of gut damage from eating gluten had caused me to develop intolerances to other foods like eggs and avocados which I wanted to be able to eat again so I’d been considering trying carnivore for a while. I naturally became more carnivore last year as my keto meals became more simple (meat with some kind of side vegetable) so I figured I might as well take the small jump to carnivore and try it out.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I intermittent fast and then usually eat two meals each day. I mostly eat whatever is on offer in the supermarket and whatever I can get cheap: ground beef, pork belly, etc. I also drink coffee – black during my fasting window and with heavy cream after that. I’ve started to incorporate more nose-to-tail recently to make my diet more nutrient-dense, sustainable, and to save money.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
I can tolerate eggs a lot more now which I am very happy about. I love eggs. I’ve also managed to lose weight (40+ pounds) and body fat, which I have struggled with my whole life and also struggled to do after a while on Keto. My skin and sleep are also the best they have been for years.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Social events can be difficult when based around food. Luckily I can blame a lot on allergies. But I’ve actually grown to love questions about my way of eating and had some very interesting conversations because of it.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I do Jiu Jitsu a few times a week and cycle 1 hour every day to and from work. Jiu Jitsu has really helped me to de-stress after work and the community is great too. I’ve really appreciated this since moving to another country on my own.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Since I gradually transitioned from low carb to carnivore, I seemed to skip a lot of the negative side effects people often mention at the beginning of carnivore so maybe a more gradual transition would be better for people worried about this. And give it at least a few months. If you’ve had years of gut damage, you can’t expect it to be gone in a few weeks.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
A lot of people I’ve talked to have expressed concern with the long term effects of the carnivore diet so hopefully as time goes on, people will see it as a more sustainable, healthy way of eating. But I think this is also very dependent on people wanting to take control of their own health and do their own research/experiments rather than listen to misinformed, outdated guidelines.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
People can follow on @megs_and_bacon98
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – my eBook and Paperback looking at why meat is good for you, why plants are bad, and how to exercise on zero carbs.
Low Content Books – Carnivore & Keto inspired Journals, Notebooks, Diaries, and Planners.
Clothing – wide range of Carnivore & Keto inspired apparel under the brand Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore