Interview with Matthew
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Matthew, I live in the UK, I’m 22, I work full time and I have a big interest in nutrition.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Before carnivore i was vegan/plantbased for 6 years, the last 6 months I ate a whole foods plant based diet, before that I experimented with basically every vegan diet there is (vegan keto/high carb low fat/fruit only/intermittent fasting/ raw til 4 etc)
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I started carnivore because I started to learn about the health benefits, my main goal was to help my anxiety and depression, also my previous plant based diet wasn’t working for me.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
Depending on the time of the year depends what I eat, in winter I eat pretty much a 100% animal based diet, whereas in the summer I’ll incorporate some in season fruit (if my body accepts it) but I mainly eat steak, beef, eggs, bacon, some organ meats, and rarely some dairy.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
My mental health massively improved after just 2 weeks on this diet, i no longer felt depressed or anxious, it was like something just lifted me, it was a massive weight off my shoulders, I was so happy and relieved, I had been battling mental health for many years. I also got rid of anemia, inflammation and IBS and I lost some weight. Them issues were never why I started, they were just added bonuses. I had a huge gut for the last 2/3 years that wouldn’t go away no matter what, I had skinny arms and legs but my belly was so inflamed and bloated nothing helped until I went carnivore. Another benefit was it helped my sugar cravings, it was so much easier to get off sugar while carnivore.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The only negative I can think of is the transition, from whatever diet to carnivore can be some what difficult, all my life I’ve consumed many carbs just like most people, and to try and go to low/zero carb can be hard but once your body is fat adapted it’s amazing and so worth it.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I do light exercise a couple times a week (walk/jog/bicycle) and lift weights maybe once a week. One big benefits I’ve noticed is my strength, I can lift much more weight now.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
You’ve just got to go for it, once your body gets fat adapted it will be easy, not like other diets you need “cheat meals” you’re always satisfied with no cravings, your life will improve in every single way, my advice is make sure you consume enough fat. Every single person I know who went carnivore, never went back, for the simple fact it WORKS.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Probably not, plant foods are being pushed everywhere. Plant based diets are getting more popular.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
My instagram is meatandhealth if you want to follow me, I answer all DM’s if you have any questions. And I would like to add, if anybody is thinking about starting this diet, try to get good quality meats, it’s okay if not but the better the quality the better you’ll feel.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – my eBook and Paperback looking at why meat is good for you, why plants are bad, and how to exercise on zero carbs.
Low Content Books – Carnivore & Keto inspired Journals, Notebooks, Diaries, and Planners.
Clothing – wide range of Carnivore & Keto inspired apparel under the brand Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore