Interview with Ross
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Ross, I’m 45 and I live in Toronto having moved to Canada from Scotland 10 years ago.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Before Carnivore I was on keto for a few months and before that I ate EVERYTHING you’re not supposed to, being Scottish (we’re allergic to vegetables;) we have a terrible deep fried eating culture that I brought to Canada. I was a classic binge over water and I weighed in at over 400lbs towards the end of 2018.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I got annoyed with being a mathematical scientist in trying to figure out the keto math for every meal, I didn’t like weighing things and doing the sums to stay true to 75-20-5.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I eat one (big) meal a day, lots of big juicy ribeyes with butter and occasionally pork, roasts and very occasionally fish. I typically fast for the rest of the day with the exception of water and coffee.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Improved energy, clarity, focus, confidence, sleeping patterns and appetite suppression.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Only from a social perspective when eating with friends and families and their menus.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I lift weights for 60-90 minutes 6x a week. Usually in the morning and always fasted.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Make friends with your butcher, try lots of different cuts of steak. Invest in a cast iron pan and meat thermometer to get the cooking just right.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I don’t, it’s too limited for too many people and that’s ok. The enemy isn’t vegetables it’s processed junk and excess carbs.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Ketogenic Endurance – Facebook Page Shop
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”