Inteview with Gabe
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Gabe Gilleran. I am 26 years old and live in Northern California.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Standard American diet. I have always eaten meat but ate plenty of grains and sugar for 23 years.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I developed an autoimmune condition, Ulcerative Colitis at 23. I had never paid close attention to nutrition until this point in my life. Eating such a wide variety of things made tracking any sort of pattern very complicated. I happened to listen to Dr. Shawn Baker on the Joe Rogan podcast. Steak was already my favorite food so it made sense to give carnivore a shot. I immediately experienced relief from my symptoms and then began noticing benefits in most other aspects of my life.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I am currently eating 2-3 lbs of beef, 7 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 chicken thighs, and a cup of plain yogurt a day. Originally I was just eating beef twice a day but I have recently been training and putting on muscle so I added more food and spread out intake throughout the day. I occasionally have black coffee. On heavy training days I have experimented with half a cup of white rice around the workout.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Major relief from my autoimmune condition – Ulcerative Colitis. I am lean and continue to gain muscle mass. Great sleep, energy, happiness, and simplicity. I feel the healthiest I have ever been and I am much more disciplined in my approach to life.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Most people don’t understand why I eat this way even though the results are undeniable. Family, friends, girlfriend think I’m a little crazy. I’m not sure this is really a negative it’s just that most people do not fully consider the importance of good nutrition.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I have played team sports almost my entire life. With all that activity I had an athletic frame but did not desire to workout outside of sports. Once I went carnivore my body “woke up” and I was full of energy. Out of the blue I had a desire to improve myself physically. I currently lift weights 5 days a week, high rep body building style. I am seeing tremendous results. After 6 months I plan to switch to powerlifting to see just how much weight I can move.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Embrace it and give it a fair shot. The only person that will know whether or not it works is you. If you experience the same results I have chances are you will stick with it. It is a really eye opening experience.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Our society has gotten so out of tune with real nutrition that it is going to be hard to get us back on track. My view is that carnivore is our species appropriate diet. Our best bet is to influence those people who just simply want to answer “what are we supposed to eat?” After that the results will speak for themselves.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
I am just really grateful that I have figured this out at a relatively young age. You can find me on IG @carnivore_usa. Thanks!
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore