Interview with Allison
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hi! My name is Allison. I live with my boyfriend Alex and my two special German Shep fur babies Leo and Abby. I am a retail store manager with a nutty schedule! Currently I’m out on leave due to major surgery but hoping to get back to working out on 10/18 after my post op!
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Before Carnivore I was Keto starting in May of 2018. Before that it was your typical SAD diet. Pizza, chicken nuggets, etc. Basically “convenience foods” as my schedule was wacko and I felt like I didn’t have time to meal prep or really cook anything.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I had seen a few people keto accounts I was following on Facebook and Instagram transitioning to Carnivore or trying Carnivore weeks. I was genuinely interested not only for the weight loss potential bit also the healing. I was noticing they had glowing skin, big beautiful hair and a LOT of energy! I wanted some of that!
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
My personal approach to Carnivore was just keep it super simple. I transitioned out pretty quick, dropping veg and keto sweets within a week. I don’t do a ton of meal prep but I will cook up some beef (a few days worth) if I know I’m working nights or I’m eating alone. My staple items are beef, eggs and steaks. I also take Ancestral Supplements Bone Marrow for added benefits!
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Since starting Carnivore, the biggest change I have noticed so far is my skin! I’ve always been on the dry side and now I barely have to use any facial products! My nails are also much stronger and I’ve recently just noticed my hair has started growing quicker then usual. But I think the BEST benefit is my overall energy. I no longer need naps and time flies a lot quicker throughout the day because I have the energy to just keep going! It has made me a more productive member at my job and in my home!
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
As far as negatives go, I truly haven’t found any other then having to explain my lifestyle sometimes. It can get hard especially with family. My boyfriend is very supportive but he loves his greens and I won’t argue with that .
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
My exercise regimen is pretty simple. I walk 6 days a week, approx 4-5 miles on a trail near my house. I also get a lot of movement and even some slight cardio working in retail I also throw in some light weights a couple times a week.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
If I could give anyone any kind of advice to someone considering the Carnivore lifestyle it would be 2 things: keep it simple and do your research! There are many ways to be carnivore and also many ways to get started. Not everyone can go cold turkey off sugar and carbs while for others it’s very very easy. When planning your meals again, don’t overthink! I found it best to start simple ground beef, salt and water! Hydration is key! Salt will help immensely with that.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I do hope someday the Carnivore lifestyle will be considered mainstream or something even close to that. I still think there are a few walls to break down, especially in the medical industry. There are so many positive things healing wise with the Carnivore lifestyle that I think it scares Big Pharma a little bit. And that’s a good thing!
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
I hope even my very simple, non-influencer life might inspire more simple guys and gals to step out of their comfort zone and start this Carnivore lifestyle for their health! My instagram handle is @allythecarnivore
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”