Interview with Gary
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Fasting Eating on Instagram, and my real name is Gary.
I am currently living in South Florida, USA.
I do a lot of Fasting, Running and Eating. Those are my main three interests on social media.
I was finding lots of interesting people on Instagram, who were carnivore, and so, I decided to start a food posting IG account to coincide with me starting all carnivore way of life.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I have been through many types of eating regiments over the years, before carnivore, I was keto, and before that I was a bit of a vegan who ate small meals frequently.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I decided to try Carnivore after studying fasting for a while, and eating the keto diet.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I believe I took the best approach, which was go from Keto to Carnivore. This allowed me to have a good understanding of WHY going carnivore was the right path. Early on in my keto days, I hear about carnivore, but I dismissed it as being too crazy.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
The biggest benefit I can attribute to carnivore is increase in libido. You feel a lot more “manly”, my guess is due to increased sex hormone production.
Eliminating phytoestrogen from my diet was the best thing I could have ever done.
The next biggest benefit has been to the digestive system. There is no more farts. No more holding in dangerous chemicals if on a date. Clean bowel movements with very little traffic.
Setting personal records in every athletic category; running faster, further, longer and feeling less exhausted after.
Another HUGE benefit for me has been FREEDOM from food. You feel liberated, as if you are not a slave to eating. I can just focus on my life and do things without interruption to refuel on sugar. Although this is more a fat adaptation thing.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The only negatives are society related. People consider you as some kind of crazy “not of right-mind” person. I have not experienced any negative health side effects.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I am very big into running, and try to do 6km everyday in the sand. I run barefoot in the sand and often mix it up with some pavement (barefoot as well). I also run only while in a fasted state. Typically 12 or more hours after I begin fasting, I will time my run. I prefer to exercise outside, as this allows me to clear my head and actually “meditate” while I also exercise my heart and muscles.
Carnivore and fasting allows you to take your workout to the next level. once you become fat adapted and used to the state of ketosis, exercise becomes much different. its no longer a torture test. I feel like now I have infinite endurance.
working out without a full stomach is a liberating experience. your body can focus its resources on the task at hand, rather than digest sugars and a full belly.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Simple– Don’t think about it, just do it! Animal fats are good for us and make a healthy human!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
With time, I absolutely think so. Science will establish that fat and protein is all you need. Our future space travellers will have to adhere to this.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
The biggest things I want to stress, is that I personally feel that following the path of Fasting, Keto and then Carnivore, is the ideal way to go. I feel that fasting is MORE important than carnivore itself. As you can achieve a level of health being omnivore and fasting. Within time, you may also determine that plants don’t work well with your body, as I, and many others have.
For now, follow me on Instagram and see great pics and stories from Miami.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore