Interview with Rachel
1) Introduce Yourself.
Rachel. Mom of two kids (9 and 11). Fitness fan. Love for life. I geek out on science and nutrition. I never stop reading and learning and expanding.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I ate almost vegetarian/vegan at some points in my life. No beef or pork for over 5 years until going keto. 5 months into keto I craved red meat and bacon. It’s now been 1.5years since starting keto and I am almost 100% carnivore. Quite a big shift from salads and veggies at every meal.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I was in a Carnivore cutting challenge. I had always been intrigued by it and this was a good chance to use a program to eat meat and get shredded.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
When I first started Carnivore I was cutting. I ate lean meat and lowered my fat significantly from my keto beginnings. I found it difficult to stick to and eventually went to fattier cuts of meat and a bit of added fat again (in coffee and butter or bacon fat on meat). I no longer track anything and eat very intuitively. I often fast, doing 16-8 and have a coffee with MCT or HWC in the morning. Yes, my Carnivore Diet includes coffee and MCT powder. But otherwise there is no “cheating” and no cravings to eat anything other than animal products.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Mental clarity, boundless energy, need less sleep, better digestion, even moods, less soreness, better gym performance, better body composition, stronger hair and nails.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
None. Mostly just trying to make things work with my family so that everyone feels included and understands why I am making this dietary choice.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I have always worked out. I love bodybuilding style training, HIIT, yoga, rowing machines… Since going Carnivore my strength is improving, my endurance on the rower is improving, and my recovery is great.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
If you are curious I think trying keto first is a good step to get in the meat and fat eating game. Eventually cut out treats, sweeteners, and plants. If you are into going full force into the diet, then plan ahead in the beginning. Have a freezer, fridge full of a variety of meats, always have eggs and bacon in the fridge, eat pork rinds when you feel snacky, and don’t be concerned with macros – just eat fatty meat, and eat it until you are full.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I do. Maybe it won’t be a huge percent of the population but I think it is slowly gaining momentum. Keto is growing also and I think Carnivoe is so close to the keto diet that some of us naturally went to this particular version of it. It’s always going to be different for each individual so it’s a little bit harder to market to the masses.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
@rachelc_ketofit – instagram
Honestly Keto – free facebook group
Rachel Cogan Keto Fit – facebook fitness page
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
[…] Original Carnivore Diet Success Story is HERE […]
[…] Carnivore diet success story – https://ketogenicendurance.com/2018/12/12/carnivore-diet-success-stories-with-rachel/ […]
[…] Carnivore food regimen success story – https://ketogenicendurance.com/2018/12/12/carnivore-diet-success-stories-with-rachel/ […]