As a thank you, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store:
Join the Contemporary Carnivore Diet newsletter: http://eepurl.com/doN0aH
I have been low carb since January 2016. I started with the Ketogenic Diet, and have been on the Contemporary Carnivore Diet since October 2017. I love this way of eating but there are only so many times I can blog about how great I feel. So I decided to get other people to tell you how great they feel instead! I have been following Nicole on Instagram for a while. I know people with Colitis, so I always love hearing stories from people who have found ways to manage it. If you like her story, check out her website.
Interview with Nicole
1) Introduce Yourself.
I’m a consultant to a large health care company in California and have been a health coach for 15 years. BA psych MEd Health Promotion. Mom of 2, live in Laguna Beach.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Keto 1 year, plant based prior, former vegan of 15 years.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
To heal colitis and get leaner.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I try to be flexible but also listen to my body when it comes to food choices. I eat almost exclusively beef with an occasional eggs and bacon day. No dairy. Coffee but trying to quit! IF daily, periodic extended fasts for healing.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Better sleep, mood, leaner, much better digestion, reduced inflammation and colitis symptoms are nearly gone.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Going out is a bit more limited, socially unaccepted as of yet. People think it’s bad for the environment and don’t understand its health or environmental impact at all.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
Pilates, barre, kettlebells, walking and surfing. Something every day.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Transition slowly, don’t rush this or you will have a ton of fatigue and diarrhoea. Let go of old ideals with regard to hunger. We tend to get used to a very full feeling eating plants, so a lot of people over eat and gain weight in the beginning until they get used to a less bloated belly still feeling full and satiated.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Yes! Too many good benefits to ignore.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
I think the inclusion of various forms of fasting along with a carnivore diet can cure almost anything.
Follow my journey on instagram @Healthy_with_nicole and my website has some online coaching options at www.healthywithnicole.com
I hoped you enjoyed this interview post. If you haven’t already, check out Nicole on Instagram.
You can find the below T-Shirt and others on Spreadshirt.