Interview with Rhonda
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Rhonda. My weight issues started in my 40’s, but my entire life I feel like I have struggled to stay at a certain weight. Menopause made everything worse. Working on my goals.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I thought vegan would be the answer LOL. I did that for two years craving meat the whole entire time but I was too shamed into indulging. I feel horrible that my body was craving what it needed to heal with and I was withholding it. Then I decided to try keto and I really didn’t have much success with it. I did that for nine months before trying carnivore (10 total carbs a day). I thought I’d try carnivore for one week and I am on month 17.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I discovered I had an oxalate and lectin issue. I had a lot of digestive issues with the vegan diet, where I was always in the bathroom. With keto I was always constipated. So carnivore was my answer everything that was wrong with me has cleared up.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I ate freely from the animal kingdom but beef is 99% of my diet now. Eat when hungry stop when full repeat. No forced fasts, no counting no macros.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, bloating, menopausal symptoms, sugar cravings, crashing mid day, high blood sugar , moody, need for a nap, are all gone…plus I’m never hungry. Even when I am hungry it’s a dull nudge to eat lol also my neck skin tags started falling off at month 11. Skin tags on the neck falling off. They are a sign of insulin resistance in that area I read, so that was a sign I was healing.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I hike but I don’t excessively exercise, but I am a busy hair stylist so I move all day long.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
I would say ease into it. Coming from strict keto helped me because my cravings were lower than as a vegan. Try it for a solid week. If I never lost another pound I would stay carnivore because of how good I feel!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Yes I do so many never heard of it. Results speak for themselves.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
Carnivore is freedom. No more ball and chain to restrict. Carnivore is a healing diet, weight loss is a side effect of a efficient running body! Don’t do it for weight loss alone. It wasn’t created for that.
Follow me at @cats.and.carnivore
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore