Interview with Richard
1) Introduce Yourself.
61 year old male, British expat living in Hong Kong for 20 years. I am married with four kids, 2 sons and 2 daughters.
I manage a five star hotel and am a Professor of Hotel Management and Tourism and teach in a University.
I left the UK aged 2 and lived in Singapore, Tanzania, Ghana, UK ( private boarding school aged 8-19 ), also worked in British Virgin Islands, Bahrain, Bangkok Thailand, East Java- Indonesia, Hangzhou- PRC China, Singapore and HONG KONG.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I’ve done every diet that was ever introduced including the Fit For Life Diet by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond, Fruit Diet of the 1980’s, Atkins, Paleo, Primal Health, Keto 2015-2019, Carnivore Jan 2019 – present.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
When I did Keto in 2015 I was following Tristan Haggard Primal Edge Health YouTube channel and even paid for one month of coaching but I wasn’t seeing any lean gains (my goal was to reach 158lbs and 18% body fat for years which was my weight in the 1980s when I was ripped. I stalled on Keto in fact I didn’t lose more than 7kg in 5 years. I stalled at 73 kg and as I was following him when he wandered into the carnivore diet I followed along. I also followed Siim Land and started fasting. On carnivore I dropped from 73kg to 68kg and am at 18% body fat. I also feel amazing.
I quit alcohol in 2000!
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
With the KISS formula I eat the same two meals every day sometimes one.
I’m one day I’ll consume 2oz calves liver, one 20 oz rib eye, salmon roe 2 Tablespoons, and 6 eggs plus kerrygold butter. I sometimes add Anchovies and sheep’s or goat cheese.
I fast for 20 hours and workout fasted my first meal is 3pm and the second at 7pm.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet
I burned off the body-fat, no other side issues I’m not getting insulin spikes and cortisol is under control.
My cholesterol is a high number so at the request of my doctor had a pulmonary MRI and also tested my carotid arteries both sides. They were shocked to see I had 0% calcium and 0% plaque in my arteries and 0% blockage.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
I feel woozy dizzy when I stand up after sitting for an hour, I also passed out one night when I went for a pee at 3 am and hit my head.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
Yes 3/5 days a week. At my lunch break I follow the Kino Body protocol heavy small reps, push and pull alternating daily I also row and walk to achieve 300 calories burned this is Tabatha style.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Skip Keto and keep it simple eat the same thing daily and eat highly nutritious densely packed 2:1 fat to protein meals but don’t over eat over your BMI. Must lift weights and walk an hour a day at a slow pace. Drink ACV.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow you.
I have no blogs or social channels
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Leave a Reply