Interview with Carmela
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hi! My name is Carmela and I’m a Carnivore! I’m a wife & mommy of 3 aged 7, 2 and 1, 2 girls and a boy and I hope my story inspires someone to take the next steps to better themselves and their life!
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
S.A.D – Standard american diet, high carb diet. I tried every “diet”out there over a period of 15 years and nothing ever really worked to better myself for more than only a temporary short time.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
My husband told me about it back in June of 2018 and how it was changing people’s lives and to be honest, I thought he was nuts and that everyone doing it was crazy too. I mean I have been told that meat is not healthy my entire life. That you need to limit red meat. Then I started researching it myself and was astonished to say the least.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
So I am not a strict carnivore (at least not yet) which means consuming beef water and salt only. I consider myself 90% standard carnivore and 10% keto carnivore. I mostly eat beef and onions. Protein and Fat. I also eat other proteins including dairy sources such as eggs cheese sunflower/pumpkin seeds chicken pork turkey fish shellfish, anything protein but zero carb. I do zero carb zero sugar.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
In 6 1/2 months I have lost 68 pounds, i have energy, no more fatigue, high blood pressure and diabetes disappeared. My cholesterol dropped 75 points, my triglycerides dropped 130 points, my liver function returned to normal, my A1C went from 6.5 to 5.7 and much much more!
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The first 2 weeks are rough. but really NOTHING!
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
No I am not yet.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Just do it! You must be mentally prepared to change for life for good. No cheat days, this is i this is life. sure as time goes on and you are mentally ready to cheat at a meal, go for it. I’m not there yet. Might never be.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Eventually, if enough of us tell our story, yes I think so.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
It has changed my life and brought me back to life. I have lost a total of 102 pounds since having my son in August of 2018 and experimenting with Keto. It was that time at the dr’s office back in january 2019 where I had to stay an extra 30 mins for them to triple check my blood pressure that was so high for a 34 year old that they were about to call an ambulance that was my wake up call to say enough is enough. Follow my journey on instagram @carmy_mommyof3 and on SNAPCHAT @ only4daddi
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore