Interview with Crystal
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Crystal. I’m 30 years old. I have 3 kids, a husband, a dog, and 2 cats. I live in the middle of the United States and I fight for informed consent and medical freedom.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Oh boy. As a kid, I was poor AF so we ate rice and beans a lot. Then as an adolescent we lived with my grandparents and always had a full belly… but a lot of it was processed… even the potatoes came out of a box dude. Then super shitty as a young adult….Well… when my middle child was a year old (he’s almost 6) I decided I wanted to lose weight and lift heavy shit. So I started eating Whole Foods. I still ate grains though. Then, from there paleo, then whole 30… then Vegan.. that diet that nearly killed me.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I tried it because my husband did it first and I saw his results. I had just recently come off being vegan and was doing Keto (I craved fat when I was vegan). I really needed to heal my anaemia and chronic fatigue and hormone imbalance and carnivore seemed like it would help for sure.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I try to eat nose to tail. I believe in NUTRIENTS… not just calories in calories out. Some people’s bodies are more susceptible to autoimmune disease.. because of genetics and certain mutations in genetics… that’s me, I’m one of those people.. so I have to make damn sure I’m getting all the right nutrients…. iron being one of them. It’s the culprit… so I have to do organ meats. I have no choice unless I want to supplement with chemical shit and that’s not an option for me at all. I do a wide variety of animals, bone broth, marrow, raw dairy, salmon roe, and organ supplements or I eat them raw. I eat a lot of my meat pretty freaking rare. I have to.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
My anemia is the biggest thing. Being able to control it with animal organs and herbs is amazing. So amazing. I can breathe when I take a liver supplement. My acne is better. My strength and endurance are better. My mood is better.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Ummm… my libido is legit crazy sometimes. If that’s negative or not, but sometimes it hits at the most inopportune times.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I do CrossFit or high endurance workouts. At first, when my body was transitioning to carnivore I was a little slow, but in no time at all my body switched gears and I really think that was the difference in me getting stronger and faster.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Ya dictate yourself on metabolic pathways… nose to tail… and electrolytes. Nutrients are the most important thing.. so educate
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Shit, if girls can be boys and boys can be girls than I think carnivore will soon be accepted too #sorrynotsorry
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
@butter_feen on Instagram
Um, everyone is different. We have a lot of genetic damage and it’s really important you listen to your body. That may be eating at a certain time of day or eating certain things… making sure your getting enough nutrients… I can’t express that enough. Fish, meat, organs… and enjoy the healing process. It’s amazing.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories