Interview with Alex
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Lisa Alex Gray. I’m 54 years old and have been on the carnivore diet for a little over a year.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I’ve eaten a paleo-based diet for almost a decade prior to starting the carnivore diet. This consisted of meats, seafood, vegetables, and salads. The only sugar consumed was in the form of a couple of squares of dark chocolate.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I had some health issues that I couldn’t seem to resolve no matter what I tried including a life long battle with stomach ulcers (since my late teens), digestive issues, horrible allergies, two rounds of frozen shoulder in three years, and off and on fatigue.
My son heard the Joe Rogan show with Dr Shawn Baker and turned me on to it and I decided to try the diet, along with my husband.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I eat primarily beef (steak and fatty ground beef), some salmon, seafood, liver sausage, and hard cheese. I drink primarily water, every once and awhile I will add lemon to the water, and I will have a Zevia periodically. No coffee, no sugar (unless desperate, then a small square of Lindt White Chocolate). I don’t eat any form of oxalates including dark chocolate. Overall, I very rarely even crave sugar and if I do usually eating some more fat will make the craving go away.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
I no longer have any allergies (100% gone!), my stomach ulcers have healed (finally), my digestive track is super happy, I had started getting frozen shoulder for the third time when I removed oxalates from my diet (dark chocolate and almonds) and the frozen shoulder reversed, and my energy level is through the roof. I also sleep like a baby.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
I really can’t think of any. Removing oxalates from my diet caused some oxalate dumping which included digestive issues, some body aches, and intense itching, but well worth it considering the positives I’ve experienced.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I exercised before the carnivore diet and still do now. I work out about 4 to 5 times a week with free weights in my garage. It takes me all of twenty minutes max. I also do some stretching and goofing around on my yoga hammock.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Try changing one part of your diet, maybe breakfast, reduce other foods and eat only from the animal kingdom (which is vast). Then slowly keep reducing down the other foods and increasing the animal choices. Take baby steps and notice how you feel as you go. Everyone is different and as far as what they can eat. Test something see how you feel.
The carnivore diet is a great elimination diet. It helps you truly see what food bother you. My husband can eat plain yogurt, cream and soft cheese and I can’t. I don’t feel good when I do. We all have our differences.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I think diets come and go like any shiny object. I believe this one will be around for a long time like many other truly successful diet choices. I also believe for those who have issues with plant anti-nutrients this way of eating is a game-changer. I can’t imagine my life eating any differently and I don’t want to.
It is clear to me and anyone else who has tried this way of eating, food truly is medicine, when you choose the right food.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
You can find me on Instagram at @Lisaalexgray on Youtube at Lisa Alex Gray. I have a few different channels for my carnivore diet (newer) and my artwork, and I have a humorous blog site LisaAlexGray.com. Let’s just say I have a lot of interests lol.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories