Interview with David
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hey y’all. I’m David Dugas from Cajun Country. 30 years old. I’m a physical therapist assistant and proud husband and father.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Terrible. Just the worst really. I was a picky eater ever since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I lived off of processed garbage. Anything that came in a box/bag and was full of preservatives was in my belly. Any type of whole food intake would have been extremely rare.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I first heard about the diet listening to Shawn Baker on Joe Rogan. My wife actually was first to try it and after seeing her results first hand, I would have been a fool not to try it.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I come at it very practically. Personally, I’m on the road all day so just about all my lunches are meat from various fast food restaurants. I’ve become very creative with making my own entrees. Every morning I’ll have 5 eggs sometimes bacon and for supper a great home cooked meal. Overall, lots of ground beef in my diet which I prefer to a fatty steak (I’m a sucker for the leaner cuts) but still get the benefit of high fat content.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Where to start? Biggest change is physique for anyone who isn’t previously eating a decent diet it’s hard to miss. For me, I used to have a ton of GI issues. Real bad IBS issues multiple times a day almost every day. That just completely disappeared. Positive mood changes. More energetic. Dental care is a big one too on this diet. Much easier to maintain and better for your teeth. I don’t have any more sugar and carb plaque all over. I’ve been able to bulk ever so slightly with working out which is something that my body seemed incapable of before
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The diet has been amazing. If I didn’t have those convenient fast food options I’ve allowed myself then convenience would be the issue. The myth of it being too expensive is a farce. It costs me $5.95 at Burger King for 4 patties and 4 slices of cheese. Only other thing I’d say is the “extremists” of the movement make it a little unpalatable as far as sharing it with others. We don’t all drink blood and eat raw meat. There are normal ones among us. And I even season my steaks too. I mean, I’m from south Louisiana cher.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I began lifting weights every day for the first few months and was personally amazed with the results. I’ve backed off to a few times a week now and continue to maintain. Unfortunately I wasn’t lifting any just before starting the diet to make any real comparisons.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
If you’re on the fence, just give it a month. See what it will do for you personally. It certainly won’t hurt you. If your results are anything like most of us, chances are it’ll become a lifestyle. It may be a little difficult the first few days or so but the amount of change you’ll see in one month if you honestly try this thing will amaze you.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I think it has the potential. To see the growth in just a years’ time I’ve been aware of the diet is astounding. That momentum, I feel, may continue due to all of these incredible results we are seeing. Frankly, what has fuelled this amazing blog is testament to that and there is no shortage. The product is truly great and there’s no need to sell it. You just gotta try it out.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
Thanks for the opportunity to contribute with my personal story and take on the diet. Anyone interested for more can follow me on Instagram @laissezfairecarnivore. I’m also on Minds @laissezfairecarnivore. And if you still reading this far down, mais merci beaucoup!
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore