Interview with Olga
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hello, My name is Olga and I’m from Riga, Latvia
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Well, during my childhood I had quite good diet, we always had raw dairy, fish, good quality eggs, caviar and so on at home.
I almost did not eat processed food.
Then around 12 years old I started to get interested in the Asian philosophy, karma and vegetarian diets. After that I almost stopped eating meat and began thinking it’s bad for me, then I slowly degraded into a vegan diet and then I got into the worst diet on the planet a fruitarian. It completely destroyed my skin, and almost my teeth. Still healing some post acne scars from the fruitarian diet. Also I began getting overweight and my hair was falling out.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
Not so long ago I had an ex vegan friend visiting me from California, and he suggested that I was down and having a hard time to focus due to not eating enough animal based products. I was already eating meat and fish back then but obviously not enough. Then I found sv3rige videos on youtube and more information. It encouraged me start on the carnivore diet which was actually quite similar to the one I had when I was kid.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I stick to a carnivore diet mainly but deviate when I travel, I go low carb. It’s hard to be 100% raw grass fed carnivore with a modern lifestyle. Although when I have access to good quality raw grass fed dairy and meats I do not miss a chance.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Since I’ve started incorporating more meat, fat and dairy into my diet my mood has drastically improved and a mind clarity as well. Also I became more calm. Even friends had noticed that and always are asking me why I’m so calm these days :). My skin, weight and a hair started to improve too.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
I don’t see anything negative in the carnivore diet . It’s a normal diet for me and it makes my parents happy when they see me eating fermented fish my father prepared and raw fatty meat.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
Yes I exercise a lot on the carnivore diet. I’m a surfer girl and during one surf session an average surfer needs to paddle around 7km, It’s quite a tough sport with a lot of cardio and some dangers, so, you have to be in a good shape in case of a big wipe out. Carnivore diet certainly improved my paddling and a surf performance in general. It made my recovery improve also.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
I would suggest to try the carnivore diet but switch slowly. I would not recommend to go immediately into strict carnivore lifestyle. It take a while for a body to adjust especially if you were eating a lot of carbs before.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
The Carnivore diet is going to become a big trend although it might take up to 10-20 or maybe 30 years. We are at the beginning of it.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
@olga_cann on Instagram
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories