Interview with Desiree
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Desiree Peralta, 28 year old mother of 3, ages 2 to 10. I worked in banking for many years and decided to stay stay home for a period of time after having my 3rd child. Life has been crazy due to the fact that I home-school and I’m in the process of working towards starting my own business.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Before the carnivore diet, I have always eaten healthy (or what was considered to be healthy) for the most part. About 6 years ago I started “tracking my macros” and sticking really closely to a Keto approach on my diet.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I had never heard about the carnivore diet before. My 3rd child was 1 1/2 years old and I was still suffering severe depression that had stuck with me ever since getting pregnant. This wasn’t normal for me because I am an extremely ambitious type that has a hard time sitting still. I’m a mover and groover if you will! I had researched and researched to figure out what my issue was. The only conclusion I came to, was that I was in FACT suffering malnutrition even though I was putting all the right fuel in. Or so I thought. I just so happened to have a conversation with my dear Grandad, who had seen Joe Rogans interview with Shawn Baker. He piqued my interest on the topic. I even joked, saying “well, I’ll have to be the guinea pig for the family and experiment with this diet to see if all the hype is even real. I’ve got nothing to lose at this point.” That’s where my research began.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I approach the carnivore diet completely simplistic! I eat the fatty meats daily as well as eggs and drink water and coffee (which I’m currently weaning away from the coffee).
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
I have seen COUNTLESS benefits! Increased energy, hair is no longer going grey, allergy symptoms and swelling in my lymph nodes gone, no more tachycardia episodes, vertigo gone, arthritic pain/carpal tunnel symptoms have disappeared, no weak and achy teeth and my skin has a natural glow! The most vain benefit of all, I have abs! I didn’t even know I could have such defined muscles.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The only negative aspect is that my grocery bill is through the roof! But now my health is better, so I don’t even care. I won’t have to live my life in a doctors office where the medical bills are stacking up.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I DO exercise as well as eat a carnivore diet. I perform a million times better and I don’t have asthma attacks in the middle of workouts anymore. That used to really hold me back, along with the vertigo. I lift weights and do a minimal amount of cardio at least 5 days a week.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
My advice for anyone wanting to take the leap, keep it simple! Don’t over think it. And PLEASE, stop being so obsessed with the weight on the scale and focus on your health and how you feel. The physical benefits will follow once your body properly heals.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I truly hope that it becomes a mainstream way of eating. We have been doing it wrong, for too long!
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
Lastly, this diet has not only helped transform my health, but that of my husbands health and my kids. WE know our bodies better than anyone else. It is absolutely worth looking into the carnivore diet, if nothing else has seemed to work. You won’t know until you try, so I say why not?! I never knew this quality of life was even attainable. I only wish others to discover the benefits as well, so that they can have also live life with optimal health.
@desireemeri in Instagram
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore