Interview with Justin
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Justin Murphy, I am 38 years old, and I live in beautiful Colorado. I have an amazing wife, a rebellious teenager, and I chase around three small children. Life is good!
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Well, I started the Atkins diet back when I was around 18 years old. I was tired of the name calling and being picked on. I lost 100 pounds doing that slowly moved over to the Paleo diet over the years. I thought that was the most ideal diet and Atkins was too much saturated fat. I was eating oatmeal and egg whites after the gym. I consumed mostly chicken and tuna and lots of veggies. I also ate “low carb pasta” and black beans on a weekly basis. This way of eating had my mood all over the place and I just was not satiated. I developed rosacea on my forehead. Most people get it on their cheeks or nose but not me, dead center of my forehead. It was like a beacon to show everyone my inflammation.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I stumbled on the Carnivore diet through the interwebs. I saw the success that others were having and I felt this WOE just called to me. It resonated, this is how humans are supposed to eat, something tribal or instinctive. So I said, “Bring on the Meat!”
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
Well I do 16/8 intermittent fasting with two meals a day. My first meal is usually eggs with bacon, ground beef, or some Teton Waters Ranch hot dogs. My second meal is usually hamburger, steak, or the hot dogs again. I travel a lot for work so there is a lot of ordering patties by themselves. If I have to meet a client for a meal I usually suggest a steakhouse. One thing I do though is I have brunch with my family. I love to cook for my kids so I usually eat whatever I am cooking for that meal. So I guess this makes me 90% carnivore.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Well my rosacea is gone, I have more energy and my mood is definitely even. I just love the way it makes me feel. It is hard to describe until you have been on it for a while. I feel more in control and centered, if that makes sense.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
It gets annoying explaining it to everyone… Why I am not dying of scurvy. Why I am not 300 pounds. Why I am not crazy. Sometimes at work functions when they cater in the carbs I just don’t eat.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I lift weights 4 days a week. I am always changing up the program because I get bored easily. Currently I am doing Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 program. For cardio I am running, rowing, or riding the assault bike. I try and do this 30 to 40 minutes 6 days a week. I also try and squeeze in a hour walk in the afternoon too. This allows me to clear my head and listen to some motivational podcasts.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Do it! The secret to having everything you want is YOU! You decide when to start the journey and You decide when to quit. Its that simple, so stop being your excuses and be a Carnivore.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Oh, its coming. We are continually becoming more polarized every day. Carnivores vs. Vegans
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
You can follow me on Instagram @murph_the_carnivore
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore