Interview with Scarlett
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Scarlett, I’m 27 years old. I’m currently at 10 months keto, 8 of that on the carnivore diet.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I grew up with the S.A.D but was always very interested in health in my teen years so I lived gluten and dairy free for a few years to try and manage my inflammation and weight, very much ended up in a frustrating yo yo dieting cycle. At about 23, I came across and fell for the plant based /vegan hype and decided to try that to heal my body, I did 4 years of mainly raw fruitarian before finally having enough and turning to keto, then carnivore, for help.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
A vegan diet left me off worse than I started, I ended up weighing more, losing muscle, constantly bloated, fighting major candida issues and very high levels of inflammation in my body. My mental health declined severely, anxiety, panic attacks and depression ruled my life. My tongue was thick white coated. My skin looked absolutely awful and embarrassing, I was definitely not getting the collagen I needed! I was left more malnourished than when I started!
I finally turned to keto for help, however shortly in I realized I was still having major inflammatory reactions to many keto approved foods, it was then I found carnivore!
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
Simplicity! I consume mainly beef and pork, mostly ground beef and pork belly. I do supplement organ meat capsules by Ancestral Supplements as I have never been fond of the taste and yes it works! I have seen huge mental benefits since including them!
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Everything! I’ve found a deeper level of nourishment and health than I could have ever hoped for. My anxiety is gone, depression lifted, I’ve built muscle and dropped a lot of body fat. The biggest benefit has been the inflammation in my body vanishing. My skin looks amazing; I never even thought it could look so good! Every day I feel fulfilled, positive, and completely nourished, I’ve never felt this way before or knew it was possible.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
I will have to answer none, I think for some people it might be too socially restrictive, but I do not feel that way, especially after years of a vegan diet!
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I will be starting an exercise regime soon, I’ve been focused more on nourishing my body, correcting years of undernourishment at this point. I am pretty active at work however and find I have steady consistent energy.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Just go for it! I think keto was a nice transition step for me so for those really on the fence I think it’s a good start, but you’ll really only truly find the deep healing benefits on carnivore. If your beginning I recommend following all the #meatheals #carnivorediet #yestomeat #zerocarb posts you can on Instagram it’s very inspiring!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Hmm, I’ve seen carnivore grow so much just in the last two months I would hope so!
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
I post quite often about my success and progress with carnivore on Instagram @zc.love.faith.horses.huskies
I highly recommend following @shawnbaker1967 , @healthy_with_nicole and @carnivorebrit
Authors note – can’t believe she didn’t recommend me @ketogenicendurance haha.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories