Interview with Jennie
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Jennie, I’m 41 years old. My husband, son and I live in Nevada. I manage a Veterinary Clinic. We enjoy spending time with our dogs, horses and riding our motorcycles.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Before transitioning to a carnivore diet, I ate a ketogenic diet for 1.5 years. Before that, I ate low carb for 3 years.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I went to a carnivore diet when I developed food allergies and sensitivities. I experience face, mouth, and tongue swelling immediately, as well as itching skin and hives from head to toe. At first, I used the carnivore diet as an elimination diet. I tried adding different foods back in and realized my body is highly sensitive to non-meat foods.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
For my carnivore diet I eat mostly meat. I do have a couple of cups of plain black coffee in the morning before my workout. Breakfast is usually bone broth with pork loin. Lunch is usually chicken thigh meat or wings. Dinner is my most versatile meal, steak, shrimp, salmon, beef patties or ribs. My body can’t handle sauces or spices, so I usually cook my meat in bacon fat (from uncured bacon) or butter, and I add salt. About once a week I eat a serving of cheese or an egg as a treat.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
The benefits of eating a carnivore diet for me is an obvious one, I don’t have hives and itching. My digestion is perfect on an all meat diet.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The biggest negative of carnivore for me is not eating spices, vegetables, and creamy textures. I’m very sensitive to all those ingredients, but I do miss eating them. We eat out a lot less because of my dietary needs, but we have 1 restaurant we can go to that I can eat plain meat and seafood at.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I workout almost every day. I strength train three times a week, and cardio six days a week. I workout in a fasted state, eating my first meal about an hour after I workout. I feel great working out and have noticed it is easy for me to build more muscle on the carnivore diet. I have no problem with energy during my workouts that can last up to 2 hours.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
I think if you are going to give carnivore a try, eat a keto diet first and adjust to not eating any processed foods. Then give carnivore a try for at least 30 days and see what benefits it has for you.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I don’t think carnivore will ever be a mainstream way of eating again. There is so much money spent on marketing food products to the masses. When people start looking into what is healthier for their bodies and not listening to mainstream marketing more people will find their way.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
For me, my body chose the carnivore diet. Simple as that. Eat meat, be healthy and comfortable. Eat plant-based food and be miserable. The choice was easy. My fitness journey and meal creations can be followed on Instagram @Tenacious_Tangles_Fitness
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
Carnivore Fit Expanded edition – eBook and Paperback
Clothing – Ketogenic Endurance Carnivore Success Company
Low Content Books – Journals, Notebooks, Diaries and Planners.
- The majority of my personal journey is documented on Instagram.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Etsy – Unique Carnivore
Categories: Carnivore Diet Success Stories