Interview with Jordan
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Jordan Snow! I was raised in Florida, but now I reside in Chicago, IL. I am 29 years old, married and mother to two boxer dogs. I grew up as an athlete that had zero knowledge about nutrition except that “veggies are good and fat is bad.” With this limited nutritional insight and a significant sweet-tooth, my weight shifted drastically when I stopped playing soccer every day. My weight gain and unhealthy eating habits finally got to the point where I avoided looking in mirrors, avoided spending time with friends and tried to remain as covered up as possible so my boyfriend (now husband) couldn’t see how terribly I had let myself go. I began my weight loss journey with Keto and then eventually transitioned to Carnivore! I’m proud to say that I have lost about 51lbs; I started at 209 and am currently sitting at 158lbs! I still have 10-15lbs that I would still like to lose, but I am so happy and proud of where I am! Keto and Carnivore have really been the cause of my weight loss and weight maintenance over the last three years!
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
My hometown is extremely Southern (North Central Florida) so I grew up on carbs and saturated fats; cheese grits was (still is) a delicacy, banana pudding, BBQ with all of the sides and sugary sauces, fried chicken… you get the picture! After moving for college and then eventually to two other major US cities as an adult, my palette evolved and matured, and my sweet tooth became insatiable. I would find myself binging on ice cream, baked goods… honestly, anything with 40+ grams of sugar in a serving. I also ate a lot of carbs and starches: deep dish pizza, a lot of Americanized sushi with the sugary sauces, fried foods and lots of bread.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
After living a Ketogenic lifestyle for about a year, I began learning about Carnivore through Keto online networks and really became intrigued. Keto has such a large range of eating possibilities that the thought of a narrowed scope of options was appealing to me (I am a very indecisive person- where my Libras at?!). I also loved that Carnivore eaters rarely experienced morning/evening bloating and that they experienced quick weight loss and toning.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I mainly eat fatty cuts of steak (ribeye and porterhouse), salmon, eggs, and bacon. I typically only eat once or twice a day and occasionally incorporate cheeses and sour cream. Honestly, I’ve noticed personally that I usually had a larger weight drop the day after incorporating the dairy. I drink a lot of water and sugar/sodium/carb-free seltzer waters. One thing that I refused to cut out is lemons and occasionally limes. Since the fatty steaks and fish can feel very rich and heavy sometimes, the brightness of the acidity from these fruits gives me life!
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
The most obvious benefit that I noticed after transitioning to Carnivore was the quick drop on the scale. I lost about 5 lbs in 2.5 weeks! This may not sound like much, but as one gets closer to their goal weight, weight drops off more slowly. I also noticed more toning and definition in my body; I wake up with a flat tummy, my slight sag under my chin has completely gone and my clothes fit amazingly! I have been plagued with acne since my pre-teen years and even as an adult, I would get them a couple of times a month. After transitioning to Carnivore, my skin has become flawless! I haven’t had a breakout in almost a year!
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The only negatives that I have experienced after transitioning to Carnivore are ironically one of the reasons I started: narrowed range of options. This really only affects me when we are eating out or at a holiday/event. The worst was at a wedding where I had to wait until the entree course where the only edible Carnivore part was a tiny Cornish hen! Also, people’s unsolicited “health” advise can be an eye-roll moment when they discover that you only eat meat.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I did not exercise initially on Keto/Carnivore. After wanting some true definition and toning, I now work out 3-4 days a week doing strength training and cardio. I work in real estate in Chicago, so I have a very active position where I walk at least 2-3 miles a day and climb an average of 12 staircases.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Just try it for 7 days! That was my goal with I transitioned and I loved it so much I kept at it indefinitely! With Keto becoming mainstream, (and consequently Carnivore has become more popular) there are now so many support options online and meet-ups in person. These support networks really have helped me when I have days where I struggled.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I began Keto about 6 months to a year before it started receiving notice and I am still shocked at how mainstream it is! I wish that Carnivore would follow in Keri’s footsteps, but sadly there are no Carnivore alternatives to desserts and carb-heavy meals. Also, America is still brainwashed to believe that you solely receive nutrients from vegetables.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
I highly recommend giving this lifestyle a try! Feel free to follow my journey on Instagram @zerocarbsnowflake; once there, I would be happy to connect you with the awesome support groups I am in!
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Leave a Reply