Interview with Mark
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hi, I’m Mark Hannigan and I’m a 1:1 diet consultant. After spending over 20 years fighting my weight & health issues I changed my life and career to help others.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I grew up eating homemade foods as a child which quickly progressed into processed convenience foods as my brother and sister were born and it was easier for my mum. I carried on this way with bouts of ‘healthy’ eating throughout my life until I completely changed everything in 2015. After following a medically proven plan I lost 9 stone and reversed my Type 2 Diabetes, hypertension and sleep apnoea and then chose a ketogenic lifestyle to maintain my weight and health. I’ve now been carnivore for 14 months.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I was reading about carnivore more and more online through the keto communities and I was personally experiencing severe constipation several times a week and symptoms of inflammation with psoriasis on my scalp and face whenever I was eating fibrous greens and other plants. The more I read about people being relieved of these kinds of symptoms the more I was inclined to try carnivore. I always loved steak anyway, veggies not so much!
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I keep it simple and eat meat, fish & eggs though predominantly beef when hungry and I don’t eat until I’m hungry again (usually once a day). Mostly rib-eye and sirloin steaks. I drink only water to thirst.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
I’ve seen many benefits and constant improvements in my health as well as bodily functions etc
I was diagnosed as a child with a Neutrophil disorder which meant I had a very weakened immune system and almost died on several occasions because of a simple cold sore on my hand. I often experienced sepsis and secondary infections during hospital visits from what most people would fight off with a basic dose of antibiotics.
Improved physiology by gaining lean mass without training at all as well as perfect bowel movements and generally feel very energetic and massively increased libido. Here’s a list of all the illnesses and ailments I no longer suffer from:
Type 2 diabetes
Constant abscesses in the groin and underarms
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Really none. I love eating meat and not having to count calories etc
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I now do a High Intensity (HIT) Strength training session every 5 to 7 days and find it great for keeping my lean tissue strong as well as improving my bone mass and overall strength. I carry out 1 set to failure and stick to compound exercises. This means my training is over within less than 15 minutes or so and I can get on with my life. Recovery with carnivore is amazing.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Try it for 30 days, it’s only 30 days of your life and you may find that like so many others you keep adding another 30 days.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Ideally, it is I believe the way were are meant to live but I doubt it becoming the norm because sadly people are so addicted to their carbs and convenience foods, although what could be more convenient than cooking a steak in 5 minutes?
From a selfish point of view, I hope not because the cost of meat will soar!!
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
I can’t recommend this lifestyle enough to anyone who’s open to trying it out. It’s simplicity and freedom from the mental battle with food and the constant question of what, when and where to eat.
I am one of the admin in the Zero Carb UK Facebook group or you can follow me on Instagram @carnivorous.scot
Independent Cambridge Weight Plan Consultants
NEW CONSULTANT OF THE YEAR 2017
UK TOP 50 CONSULTANT 2017
HIGHLY COMMENDED 2016
SLIMMING COUPLE OF YEAR 2015
Check out our social media links.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”