Interview with Rashel
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Rashel, I’m a 36 year old mama of 3 feisty little girls ages 10, 7 and 3.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I ate “healthy”! I’ve always loved fruits and veggies so they were a huge part of my diet. I ate gluten-free for the most part, avoided all processed foods.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I honestly didn’t know that carnivore was a thing. I’ve been fighting a mystery chronic illness for the last decade, with each year getting progressively worse. Almost two years ago a really dumb doctor I had been seeing decided to put me on testosterone for fatigue. Over the course of 4 months, she took me from 1.5mg to 15mg a day. It made my estrogen’s skyrocket. It completely wrecked me and added so much burden to my already depleted body. That’s a whole story on its own! Needless to say, that happening to my body changed its entire biochemistry and with that my ability to eat any food.
I started having serious anaphylactic reactions to pretty much everything I put in my mouth. I would swell up, became suicidal. Seriously I would get so depressed within a couple hours of eating that I would cry for hours. My eyes would be so glassy I could barely see and the thing that drove me the most insane was 24/7 dizziness and rocking sensation I’d get. I literally slept sitting up in bed and barely being able to turn my head for nearly 4 months. I had also become home and pretty much bed bound at that point.
The only thing that was able to sustain me without trying to kill me was a 98% carnivore diet.
It was once I started researching this idea that I found the community of others who only ate animal products as well.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
My main staple is 85/15 organic, grass-fed, grass finished ground beef and about 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. I’m about 98% carnivore and always have been from the beginning.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Oh god that my entire life changed. I’ve always said that this was never a weight loss journey for me, it’s been a mental health journey. My brain was so messed up with depression and anxiety, the only thing I wanted was to figure out how to continue to want to be alive. In the process of healing, I lost 50lbs and that was a super exciting side effect that I didn’t ever expect!
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Well, I love food. I’m a huge foodie and I enjoy the flavors of food from all over the world so removing that experience was hard. Food isn’t really a pleasure for me anymore but neither was being dizzy non-stop. I don’t care at this point, being alive and feeling health return is worth it.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
No, I haven’t exercised one time!
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
I think I’d just ask yourself why you feel like you need to eat carnivore and then if those answers are strong enough then it will move you to do so.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Are you kidding me?! What about population control and big pharma? We can’t have all these healthy people walking around, where’s the money in that?!
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
Follow me on Instagram @rararashel
“Before you heal someone, ask him if he’s willing to give up the things that make him sick.”
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Leave a Reply