Interview with Saara
1) Introduce Yourself.
I am Saara, Finish-German Carnivore girl.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I was raised low fat, high carb. Not vegetarian, but with lots of vegetables and my mother cooked pretty much everything from scratch. 10 years ago she discovered the high fat – low carb, keto. I started to incorporate more eggs, cream, butter but was still eating vegetables and carbs, they are just easy and convenient especially for a student not living at home anymore.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I stumbled upon sv3riges ex-vegan videos on YouTube and watched them all. As Keto was already familiar to me it just made sense. This is how humankind evolved and this truly is the natural diet we are designed to eat. I was curious.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
Pretty simple raw eggs, raw meat mostly grounded beef, raw liver. Butter, cream, cheese sometimes I make kefir. If I crave warm food, then I just cook it, if I crave something I have it, but just as little as possible, usually, I don’t have cravings. The quality of the food is important for me means pasture raised and raw if possible, as less processed food as possible.
I prefer to eat raw and small meals throughout the day as many as I like, usually 3-4. I feel more energetic and my mind is clearer.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
I feel like I got a new life. I felt right away grounded and connected with my body. The energy I have now is AMAZING. The transition phase was a bit annoying and irritating.
I never considered myself as sick, digestion was good and I just had “normal” itches and aches, but now I can clearly see how damaged I really am.
The biggest benefit for me is definitely a reversal of depression, basically, I recovered already last year due to therapies and quitting medication, but I still felt a lot of anxiety, insecurity, fatigue, overthinking, procrastination, weirdness. Life seemed so easy for everyone else and I never reached that feeling before I went carnivore. Now I am shining in my true colors.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
Socializing is definitely difficult if food is involved.
Quick meal options aren’t really available, mostly I buy cold cuts and eat it with creme fraiche. Or I prepare something like grounded beef with butter.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
To release excess energy I dance aka jump around the house, which happens randomly throughout the day. Sometimes I do bodyweight and resistance band workouts. Recently I started to hit the gym again, I try to go there 2-3 times a week for one hour max and just do whatever feels good, I like to do one song exercises and warry weights. Sore muscle recovery is definitely much faster and less painful nowadays.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Be open to new insights.
Research on eating raw meat, if you want to eat raw meat or anything raw, it’s your own responsibility, but definitely, nothing to be scared of, if you know how to do it. Eating plants is definitely not necessary, just try what feels good for you!
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
Probably not, there is too much money involved in industries which profits from mediocre healthy people and sick of course, too. Just imagine if everyone would eat carnivore, how different our lives would be, imagine all the labour involved in farming, packing, shipping, processing. We would certainly all be healthier and mentally stable, means fewer doctors and less pharma industry. And the list goes on and on… what about restaurants?
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
You can connect with me on Instagram @carni_whore and @lolo_rii.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”
Leave a Reply