Interview with Martina
1) Introduce Yourself.
I’m a Swedish science savvy book author and Ph.D. to be that enjoys training and learning new stuff. I just turned 34 and I love to inspire people to be healthier, stronger and better looking for each year of their life.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
Strictly keto, like medicinal keto with my fats really really high and my proteins super low. I’ve done that since 2009.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
Curiosity. First time I heard about it, it was the craziest thing I had ever heard of, but then I wanted to try it out for myself to see if there was any truth to it.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I’m not religious about it, I use it mainly as my ‘background diet’ and then I add in things as I see fit. Over the course of one week, I’m 90% carnivore and allow for some vegetables, avocados or coffee if I feel like it.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
Mostly that I have learned more about my own body. Eating raw meat was a new experience for me, I was surprised about how natural it felt. I’ve also made some strength gains in the gym because of increased protein intake.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
People find you disgusting if you eat raw meat haha! Otherwise not much, it’s pretty badass.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
Mostly strength training, and it’s going really well. High protein is like a slow carb load without all the insulin, so no problem to get pumped and stuff like usual. I train 12 hours a week.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
Try it for 4 weeks and just see what happens. You don’t have to turn fully carnivore, it’s just an interesting experiment but chances are you stick with it 😉
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
It will never happen, I’m sure of that.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
Follow me on instagram – @highfatfitness 🙂
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”