Interview with Kait
1) Introduce Yourself.
My name is Kait and I am an online health coach. I always struggled with my weight while growing up. I was never seriously overweight, but I definitely had a few extra pounds I just couldn’t shake. I initially lost the weight just by restricting calories, but this was not maintainable and the scale started to creep back up.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I was eating keto prior to eating carnivore.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I originally tried the carnivore diet to see what the hype was about! I was intrigued by everyone saying they felt amazing eating carnivore. It seemed totally crazy to me that you could get all the nutrition you needed only eating meat… but the more I looked into it, the more sense it made.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I have a lenient approach to the carnivore diet. I am lucky in the sense that I do not have any autoimmune disorders that are triggered by plants, so I can stand to include some non-animal foods. Most days, my diet is 90% animal products and 10% plant products. The latter includes things such as avocados, olives, mct oil, mushrooms and green vegetables, still all foods that are very much keto.
I think that the main focus should be individual health and that there is no need to be dogmatic about the carnivore diet. Animal products should be the bulk of your calories, but if you can tolerate certain plant foods I do not see why you shouldn’t include them.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
The biggest benefit I have experienced was my hunger regulating. I have always been someone who likes to snack throughout the day. Not because I am hungry, but more so out of boredom/habit.
When I went carnivore, these urges disappeared. I would finish a meal feeling completely satisfied and not feel tempted to reach for something else. I think this has a lot to do with the lack of variety, so our bodies can really tap into when we are full.
The other major benefit I experienced was never feeling bloated. Ever. I can eat a huge steak, feel full and not like I have a weight in my stomach. When I eat a meal with more plants now, I can really feel the difference all that fiber makes.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
The biggest negative (which is also a pro depending on how you look at it) with the carnivore diet is the lack of variety. If you are used to cooking and eating food with several ingredients, switching to carnivore can be a bit of a shock.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I play ice hockey for South Australia, do weight training 2-3 times a week and cycle as well. I find I perform just as well as I did on a ketogenic diet, which is miles better than I did on the Standard American Diet.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
There are two pieces of advice I would give to someone who is interested in this diet. Number one: be fat adapted first. Eating a keto diet for at least 2-3 weeks beforehand will make the transition easier.
Number two: commit. Choose a time period and commit to it 100%. This isn’t something you can do during the week and cheat on weekends. You need to really be all in, especially at the beginning, to experience the benefits.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I do think a more animal based diet will become more mainstream as more and more research comes out. Probably not full carnivore, but I think we are starting to see more and more people realize that whole grains and soy should not be the bulk of our diet.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
People can follow my journey on Instagram and YouTube, or join my Facebook Group to become a part of the conversation! Just search Health Coach Kait and you will find me.
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”