Interview with Elainie
1) Introduce Yourself.
Hello, My name is Elainie. I currently live in the USA.
2) How did you eat before Carnivore.
I was a cyclical vegan my entire life, and had stints of being raw primal, raw paleo, paleo, AIP, Whole 30 and I tried every single raw vegan and vegan variation trying to make veganism work as I had grown up that way and went macrobiotic at age 12, became a macrobiotic teacher, married a senior macrobiotic teacher and so on.
3) Why did you try Carnivore to begin with.
I tried a carnivore diet after hearing how it could help autoimmune issues, of which I have had for over 30 years. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s.
4) How do you personally approach the Carnivore Diet.
I personally approach the carnivore diet by eating only animal food but with a wider variety than just say eating steak. I prefer to eat raw animal foods with a mix of eggs, raw dairy, meat and fish. I eat only grass fed and wild caught, the quality of food is of utmost importance to me.
5) What benefits have you seen since starting the Carnivore Diet.
After 7 months and counting on a carnivore diet, I am off of thyroid hormones! I have personally never felt better.
6) What negatives have you found with the Carnivore Diet.
I personally have not experienced any negative effects.
7) Do you exercise on the Carnivore Diet, if so how do you find it and what do you do.
I exercise daily, I am a certified yoga teacher, I was trained in classical ballet as well, I do yoga, ballet, kettlebells, cardio kickboxing, cycling. Every day.
8) What piece of advice would you give someone who is interested in trying this diet, but hasn’t taken the leap yet.
My advice would be to try it for 30 days, just stick to meat and water, from there you can venture out and see which animal foods your body prefers.
9) Do you think Carnivore will ever be accepted as a mainstream diet.
I do think it is gaining momentum, but I am not sure if it will ever be accepted but sometimes one must go against current thinking and dogma. For myself it has been and continues to be a fantastic journey. I had so many health issues and at 52 years old I have never felt better.
10) Anything you would like to add, and where can people follow your journey.
You can follow me on Instagram @thrivingcarnivorequeen
Ketogenic Endurance – I hoped you enjoyed this post.
If you like what I am about, check out the below.
- Carnivore Fit Expanded Edition: eBook/paperback book detailing how to adopt the Contemporary Carnivore Diet, and how to exercise on it.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Facebook group.
- Carnivore Diet Success Stories Newsletter.
- I have a range of apparel on Amazon US/UK/DE, with Amazon Prime delivery.
- I have a different range of Apparel and Accessories on Etsy. As a thank you for reading this article, you can use the Discount Code KETOGENICENDURANCE10 for 10% off on my Etsy Store.
- I also sell a range of Journals, Diaries, Notebooks and Planners, again with Amazon Prime Delivery.
- I am an ambassador for the lifestyle brand Descended From Odin, have a look at their apparel and accessories: Click here and get 10% off with the code “ketogenicendurance”