- Good introduction shoe into barefoot running.
- Look different, so they stand out from a normal running shoe.
- Specs: Weight 330gms pair size 42
- Cost: Mid-High £100. Website does seem to have regular discounts though.
- Look: I love the look of them. Black with neon Green is a strong combination. They look different enough, that you will stand out. However they are normal enough, that you will not look weird or pretentious. The perfect combo for me.
- Comfort: Very comfortable. I have just bought some 5 finger socks. However my first 5 runs in these were without socks. Which caused no issues, for example no blisters or soreness.
- Durability: I have only run in them 5 times, for 3 miles each. So I can’t comment on the durability yet. I will update further down the line on this. They do seem well made though, so I have high hopes for them. Also because they are barefoot shoes, the sole is obviously thin. However I have ran on roads and trails, without issue. The trail even had a section that was quite stony. I could feel the stones more than in normal shoes, but it certainly didn’t hurt and it never felt unsafe.
After reading Born To Run I was inspired to try Barefoot Running. This fits into my lifestyle and beliefs. I live a high fat primal style of eating, so it makes sense I should run in a primal way too. I am very impressed with these shoes, and I would definitely recommend them. I am new to running in general and especially barefoot running. So I have nothing to compare these to, I have never used Inov-8’s or Vibram’s. So my 80% score reflects the fact that as my first barefoot shoe, I am very happy with them.
Conclusion: Seems like a good introductory shoe into Barefoot running, and I am looking forward to progressing in them.
Leave a Reply