Rating – 90%
- Good Sale Price
- Well established brand
- Excellent fit and support
- Specs – Men’s leggings for warm weather.
- Cost – £22.07 on 13th September 2016 from the Direct Sports, yes it is Direct Sports and not the Mr Ashley’s Sports Direct (for the UK readers). http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/dsdeptproduct/tabletennis/mens-compression/under-armour-heatgear-compression-mens-legging-(black-steel)?ProductID=20284
- Fit – Great fit, the leggings were tight all over but not uncomfortably tight.
- Function – Did what they were meant to do. It was warm last night. Yet they felt comfortable throughout the run, and my legs were not sweaty when I took them off. This was in contrast to the cheap running T-Shirt I bought from Primark previously for £2 in the sale (still a bargain though haha). My back was very sweaty and my upper half was noticeably redder.
- Fashion – Looks cool. Nice dark black, with a bit of shine. Branded so you can tell they are Under Armour, but not vulgar in the branding.
Disclaimer – I bought the leggings myself, on my own accord and from a website of my choosing….which is a shame haha!!!
I wanted to get some leggings for my runs in September and October, for when it might not be shorts weather. I was just going to get some cheap Karrimor’s from Sports Direct, but decided to have a look on Google first. One of the first sites that popped up was Direct Sports. This was a bonus for me as the Direct Sports HQ/Warehouse is on the same industrial estate where I work. I liked the look of the leggings I would buy and thought they were a good price. So I printed off the page and walked over to the warehouse. Where they have a little shop for the public. They quickly got the product for me and matched the online price.
Conclusion – I am really happy with the purchase. I am glad I didn’t just get a cheap pair, as the comfort levels of these compared to my cheap t-shirt is amazing. When the weather gets colder, I would definitely be happy getting the ColdGear leggings.
Product Description below Copied from Company Website link above–
What’s It Do?
This is your Armour. It wicks sweat to keep you cool, adds a level of protection & makes you feel like you can do anything.
- Compression: Ultra-tight, second skin fit
- HeatGear® fabric, with all the benefits of UA Compression, comfortable enough to be worn all day
- UPF 30+ protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays
- 4-way stretch fabrication allows greater mobility in any direction
- Moisture Transport System wicks sweat away from the body
- Anti-odour technology prevents the growth of odour-causing microbes
- Engineered elastic waistband with ARMOUR wordmark
- Inseam: 66cm
- 200g Polyester/Elastane”